Breast augmentation without the lift. Any suggestions? (photos)

I want to know what the results would be like if I were to get a breast augmentation without the lift since I do not want to have ( football stack on chest like implants ) but rather a very natural breast. At the moment I'm a size 36d and want to achieve a fuller, bigger breast to fill up the emptiness in the breast. I've had a consultation with a surgeon and she suggested I have two different ops 1 uplift 2 augmentation. IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET FULLER BIGGER BREAST WITHOUT THE LIFT ? Thanks

Mastopexy

Your nipples are below the level of the fold under your breasts and you will NOT get a nice result with implants unless you do a lift.

Breast augmentation with a lift

Based on your photos you will require a lift as well. An implant alone will not give you aesthetically pleasing results. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast augmentation without the lift. Any suggestions?

Yes. Go ahead and have a subglandular augmetation to achieve the fullness that you want. If you need a lift later the results will be better.

Breast lift

Thank you for your question and photos.  You appear to absolutely need a full breast lift with implants to achieve your desired result.  An augmentation alone will NOT lift your breasts and you will be quite dissatisfied having implants alone.  A full lift will position your breasts at a more ideal place on your breast and the augmentation will give you the fullness you desire.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast augmentation withouth lift?

Thank you for your question and photos. Breast augmentation alone will restore volume in deflated breasts, and provide some lift. However you seem to have excess skin and sagging in your breasts and you might well need both augmentation and a lift. We often perform these procedures together. Many techniques exist in breast surgery, and combined lifting with augmentation is especially tricky however it can be done. The key is working with an expert, board certified plastic surgeon who has expertise in this area.

Lift or not

Breast lift or mastopexy is all about shape and implants are there to improve volume mainly though they can help a little with shape too. One options is to stage things or do them in different surgeries with an augmentation first and then a mastopexy later. This doesn't burn any bridges. Best, MMT

Thank you for your question and photographs. Unfortunately I think you will not obtain a satisfactory result with only implant placement. You have a significant amount of breast sagging and excess skin that will not correct itself with implants alone. A lift will correct both of these problems while also placing your nipple and areola into an elevated more youthful position and improving your shape and contour. If you do not have a lift, your natural breast tissue will fall "off" the front of the implant leading to a secondary deformity known as a "snoopy nose." Hope that this helps.

Implants alone will not produce a good cosmetic result and do not adequately lift the breast when there is significant sagging, no matter the size or the type, and will not produce a good cosmetic result in a patient who also needs some variation of a lift.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue,assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest your plastic surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person and be very realistic about your potential cosmetic result.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation without the lift? = if the breasts are not too droopy it could be possible, but ... #breastimplants

Breast could be made bigger and fuller with breast implants alone IF the breast are not droopy or the droopiness is minimal. If the breast are too droopy, an augmentation without a lift will not deliver the desired effect.

In order to determine if the breasts are too droopy or not, a pencil or a pen can be placed underneath the breast fold. When looking on the side view (profile view), if either the nipple and areola level are bellow the pencil or there is breast hanging bellow the pencil, it means the breasts are too droopy and a lift is a must.

Patients interested in determining if candidates for breast augmentation alone should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in plastic surgery procedures of the breasts

John Mesa, MD

Breast lift or not

Thank you for your question. Just implants are not going to give optimal results. For fuller and uplifted look you need both lift and implant