Brazilian Butt Lift - Travelling Abroad?

Hi, I want to get a BBL with a surgeon in Miami, as the results in England aren't what I want to achieve. How long would I need to stay in Miami before I could fly home without effecting results?

Brazilian Butt Lift overseas

Thank you for your question. The recommended stay for surgery and recovery of a BBL should be around 7 to 8 days. Make sure you follow your chosen surgeon´s recomendations as every surgeon will have his/her own preferences as to recovery for specific procedures. When you flight home make sure you take brakes to stretch and walk around a little to keep the blood flowing. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

BBL Abroad

Hello, thanks for your inquiry. The minimum days, I recommend are 7. The optimal is 10 or more. If you need to fly back home, consider carrying your boppy pillow or a donut pillow, which will let you sit without putting pressure on your buttocks during your flight. It is also important to walk in order to avoid blood flow complications.

Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey! 

Respectfully,

Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

BBL out of town

Hi, I recommend staying at minimum 7 days after your surgery, but follow your surgeons recommendations, as he/she should have experience with patients coming in from out of town. 

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

BBL

It is advisable to try and find a reputable board certified plastic surgeon in your area so you can continue to be under the care of the surgeon who operated on you. If you do decide to travel out of the country then I would plan to stay for a minimum of 3 weeks after your surgery for post operative check-ups and to prevent any damage to the surviving fat by sitting on a long flight but it is important to consult with your surgeon about their post-operative instructions, as each surgeon has slightly different post-operative protocols, and to come up with an appropriate aftercare plan for you once you go back home. I recommend that my patients do not sit on their bottoms for long periods of time for the first three weeks. The first week I do not recommend any sitting or pressure on the buttocks, days 8-14 the patient may sit up to 5 minutes two times per day.  Days 15-21 the patient may sit up to 9 minutes five times a day only then days 22 and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. If you must go back fly before 3 weeks post op, I definitely do recommend the BBL pillow and getting up every 10-15 minutes to walk around until you are at least three weeks post op. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... You can fly without any problem after 10 days, it will be better for you to be checked by your surgeon and also fly with your boopy pillow and walk during the flight. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Traveling for BBL

Thank you for your question. We get many patients from abroad. I usually have my patients stay at least seven days after surgery, in order to minimize complications. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Moises Salama, MD

I recommend 7-10 days but your body will tell you if you are ready to travel earlier. Seek a plastic surgeon that performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon