Will asymmetry even out or will I need a revision? (Photo)

I have had little swelling if at all since my surgery a month ago. This difference has been obvious since immediately after the surgery to me. I notice this asymmetry under clothes and even in bras. Will it even out at all or should i confront my surgeon about a revision already? I don't think there is much more settling or "improvements" they will do....I'm completely devastated, please tell me what you think. I've marked the photos so you can see clearly, in reality it is very noticeable to me

Your comments seem out of proportion to the results of your surgery as seen in your photo.  Obviously none of the doctors that respond to your inquiry was present during your consultation but I suspect your surgeon never suggested that you would have an absolutely perfect and symmetric result.  Based on the photo it appears that your asymmetry is not very significant.  This reminds us of the importance of realistic expectations before surgery.  The final result will take time and may or may not address the differences that you are seeing.  I think speaking to your surgeon is always appropriate although I'm not sure that "confronting" him is the proper way to approach your concerns.  Try to be patient and realistic and I suspect you will end up with a very nice result.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Devastated by asymmetric result

Thank you for your question about your breast augmentation and slight reduction.

Even though you do not feel swollen, all surgery causes swelling that must subside on its own.
You should point out your concern to your surgeon but wait 6 months before considering a revision.
The photo to my view looks like a nice result although photos can be deceptive.

Be sure to consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Breast Revision

Thank you for your pictures. I think your results look good for just one month. The results should continue to improve. You should  not think about having a revision anytime soon.

Breast asymmetry after breast augmentation

Breasts will continue to heal and settle for at least 3 to 4 months after surgery, so you're likely to see additional changes.  That being said, all breasts have some asymmetry between them  -  I like to say they are sisters, not twins.  From the photo you've posted, I think your results are good, but you can always discuss this with your PS.

Will asymmetry even out or will I need a revision?

I think your results are good.  A slight asymmetry after this particular surgery, especially as your right breast was larger before surgery, is not unusual.  You should wait until you have completely healed before you decide what revision, if any, is indicated.  Try to be patient.

Wow the result to me appears very good. But if you are dissatisfied than discuss with your chosen surgeon.... 

Breast asymmetry is normal, no woman has two identical breasts

Breast asymmetry is normal, no woman has two identical breasts.  Based on your pictures you are healing well and your breasts look good and are similar enough not to require any revision.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Asymmetry After Breast Surgery

There is bound to be some breast asymmetry.  Most women have some difference.  If that is the case there will almost certainly be some asymmetry after surgery as well.  It is too early to say how much difference there will be this soon after surgery though.  I would be patient and keep your follow up appointments with your doctor.  It is too early to contemplate a revision one month after surgery.

Be patient and hopefully you will be able to enjoy the improvement you have had.

Good luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry 1 month post-op

Thanks for writing,

At this point you are very early in the healing phase. Your breast shape will not stabilise for quite a few months. The other point I would make is: the odds are your breasts were asymmetrical before surgery, and it is very difficult to make them perfect post-op. I tell all my patients, "The breasts are sisters not twins". I would probably wait 6 - 9 months to allow the breasts to improve as much as possible before considering a revision, which if carried out can help get a better match. Good luck, you will do well
Time is your friend, be patient.

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation/lifting procedures. At this point, one month after the procedure, it is much too early to evaluate the outcome.  Despite your prediction of minimal further change, I can assure you that your breasts will change over the course of the next several months; whether these changes will result in improved symmetry, only time will tell.
I would suggest you evaluate the outcome of the procedure somewhere between 6 months and one year after it was performed. Then, if there is significant asymmetry present, discuss your concerns for with your plastic surgeon. If the asymmetry that remains is relatively minor, it may be in your best interests not to proceed with additional surgery.

In the meantime, would suggest that you stay emotionally even keeled;  when patients use words such as “completely devastated" it suggests that they may not be aware of the need for time and patience during the healing process after this particular procedure.  Also, even in the longer-term, there will be no need to “confront” your plastic surgeon; discussed your concerns/questions in a calm constructive fashion, understanding that the results of breast augmentation/lifting surgery are never perfect and that absolute symmetry should not be promised or expected. You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation/lifting concerns helpful. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with in the longer term.