Any advise on preventing my hypertrophic scars from coming back after scar revision? (Photo)

I had a breast augmentation a year ago and developed hypertrophic/keloid scars. I'm having a scar revision in October and really worried the same thing will happen again. I have been wearing silicon sheets for a year and they have not helped at all. I really appreciate your advise.

Hypertrophic scars on the body

I would use a combination of Plato's Scar Serum, IIT, and lasers to help reduce the thickness and color of your scars. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Scar Prevention & Treatment-- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2, Erbium), Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Tattooing

Dermaflage and scarMD are best for scars at the beginning.  After 3-6 weeks i suggest laser treatments. Best, Dr. Emer.

Embrace Active Scar Defense

After a scar revision, it is important for patients to begin a scar therapy to ensure the best aesthetic outcome. Many patients benefit from using Embrace Active Scar Defense as it is the only product indicated by the FDA for hypertrophic and keloid scarring. Embrace works by relieving scar tension, which is the second most important factor in scar development. Treatment with Embrace is usually started 1-2 weeks after surgery once an incision is closed and continued for 8 weeks. Some patients use Embrace for longer if they are more prone to bad scarring. Once treatment with Embrace is complete, transitioning to a silicone scar gel is often recommended. It is important to consult your board-certified plastic surgeon regarding his or her scar therapy protocol for you. Good luck!

Jerome H. Liu, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon