Advice for risk of chickenpox 7 weeks post mommy makeover.

I'm 7 weeks post mommy makeover and I'm recovering well. However two days ago a relative came to visit me and her son has chickenpox. I have never been vaccinated before with this and I'm afraid I'll get it Please give me advice on what to do and if it ll affect my recovery and results Thank you very much

Post-Op Questions

Hello and thank you with your questions. Considering the length of time since your procedure, and if you have been healing well to this point, there should be no concern about mild exposure to chicken pox. If you see anything that should bring up further concerns, then the best thing to do would be to contact your surgeon to make sure that everything is still proceeding positively.

Mommy makeover

I do not believe that being exposed or contacting chicken pox will have any affect on your surgical results. I would recommend  calling your family physician for his or her medical advice and/or treatment. Best of luck and enjoy your resilts!

Mommy make-over - now at risk of chicken pox

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • You should contact your GP -
  • There are anti-viral medicines that can prevent the development of chicken pox.
  • However even if you get chicken pox or shingles, it is unlikely to affect your mommy make-over result at this point - although you will be fairly miserable with the infection for a while.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS