A whole lot of questions about Brazilian Butt Lifts... Any suggestions? (photos)

Would I qualify for a BBL? How much would it cost BASED ON MY PHYSIQUE? No generalisations please Would I be able to have deep and even butt creases? I'm 5'2 and 157 pounds, is my weight good? Also, as I live in the UK I will not be able to fly out for a consultation to Miami, so how would this work? Thanks in advance

Be very careful not to be tricked by gimmicks and do your research. Plan to have a responsible caregiver. If you are traveling by yourself then call ahead and get recommendations from your surgeons office about places to stay and reliable post operative caregivers that they have used before. It is also a good idea to inquire about purchasing cosmetic insurance that will cover complications that could occur within 30 days after surgery. Complications  that are associate with the cosmetic procedure are usually not covered by your regular health insurance.You look like a great candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift. A Brazilian butt lift is a safe and effective procedure that combines liposuction of the abdomen hips waist and back and then fat grafting to the gluteal region. This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body. After a successful Brazilian Butt lift, the fat that remains will stay there for the rest of your life. Like the rest of the tissue in your body this fat will grow and age with you.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.Thank you for your question .

Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you for your question. You´re a great candidate for a BBL procedure. With Brazilian butt lift, patients can look forward to a double benefit: reducing areas of unwanted fat while gaining a perkier, rounded posterior. You could get liposuction on you abdomen, waist, back and thighs to give your body a lean appearance and accentuate the hour glass figure. Then transfer the fat into your buttocks to give you a perkier and rounder posterior. maximizing femenine curves. Your current BMI is 28.72 which makes you a good candidate for surgery. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

BBL candidate

Thank you for your question and photographs.I would recommend searching for a board certified plastic surgeon, in the area you are interested in travelling to for you surgery, and seeing if they are willing to set up a skype consultation then do a physical examination when you fly in for your surgery. You do look like a good candidate for a Brazilian butt lift and your weight is okay for the surgery, I recommend a BMI of 30 or less for the safest and best results. There are several factors that can affect the cost of this procedure: location, surgeon, and how many areas you wish to harvest fat from (liposuction). When I perform a BBL, I will evaluate the patient’s body to make sure that they are a good candidate for the brazilian butt lift. It will also be assessed as to which areas will be liposuctioned. Depending on the amount of fat necessary to fill the buttocks area, multiple donor sites on the body may be considered. After liposuction has been performed, a closed sterile system is used which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I will then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely. I can tell you that the average cost of a BBL according to Realself is between $6,000 and $7,000. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I specialize in Brazilain Butt Lifts and Body Contouring procedures.Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon