Am I a lost cause?

My face has a very round shape and my main concern is my cheek volume(malar fat region).i think i jave too much fat in that area. What are some procedures that i could get done to my face to get definition to my face,which is what i am after??Should i go for liposuction or even Radiofrequency Skin tightening?? P.s;i have booked a consultation,i just need some insights on what i should look forward to.

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

Fillers, lasers, and liposuction / buccal fat pad reduction can be used to reshape a person's face. I suggest seeing an expert for a consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Face volume

It is hard to say without seeing a picture. However, as a rule of thumb facial aging occurs due to loss of volume in both the skin which leads to laxity and in the facial fat. The idea of removing fat is typically not a good idea. However, if you have  certain areas that are out of proportion such as a large buccal fat pad those can be removed to create a more natural chiseled facial shape.
The idea of a consultation with a board-certified surgeon with a lot of facial experience will be in your best interest.
Good luck!

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Am I a lost cause?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Liposuction

Please seek an in person consultation, you may be a candidate for simple liposuction of the area. Liposuction of the cervical facial area is usually done in one hour under local IV sedation. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction #cervicalfacial

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Treatments for round face and cheeks

Thank you for asking about your facial appearance.
Without a photo at least, one truly cannot give any advice.But your plan for a consultatoin with a plastic surgeon is an excellent idea.In general, liposuction of the face is not a good idea.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS