7 day post op. I had the bandages off. Should I still be more covered? (Photo)

I 7day post of and yesterday I had the bandages off nurse left me with just the steri strips on. I'm worried that I should still be more covered to save infection but she seemed fine. She also was very angry at me from having my boobs done in Brussels and asking my normal surgery to check wound and remove stitches isn't allowed? I'm confused and information on this would help many thanks daisy

Should I ?

Hi and congratulations for your breast augmentation surgery. At this day my patients get stitches removed, leave steri strips for one more week and wear postop bra for one month.
Best wishes

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Bandages post OP

In my practice, I typically have the nurse remove the bandages at the patient's one week post  operative visit. The steri strips will be protection enough as there is special adhesive that keeps them in place. Follow your surgeon's post care instructions and recovery should be a breeze. 
Best of luck to you.

Fred Hackney, MD

I just have patients wear the tape on their incision one week after a breast augmentation.  Best of luck.

7 day post op. I had the bandages off. Should I still be more covered?

Thank you for your question and photograph.  After 7 days your white bandages are sufficient and unless you have any drainage that you would like to protect your clothing from you need not cover the incisions with additional gauze.  Hope this helps.

Post Op Incision Care

Steri strips covering and protecting the incision for a couple weeks post op is standard care. Your incisions should be safe and heal fine. If you note any concerning changes, please visit your Plastic Surgeon.

All the best