Going from 460 and 520 round EHR over muscle to either 800 or 920. (photos)

Hi. I'm currently 460 in left breast and 520 in right. I'm going to go larger to either 800 or 920 cc. I'm currently a 32F bra size. Will going to 800 make a significant difference? Would this increase me to a 32H? Would there be much visible difference between 800 and 920? Thank you

800cc - 920cc breast implants

A 300cc-400cc increase will definitely be a noticeable difference. The real question is whether your skin can handle such an increase. Unfortunately, a large percentage of my patients come to me after having multiple complications from breast augmentation procedures and I get to see first hand the type of damage they actually cause. Chronic pain, skin stretch deformities, irreversible soft tissue damage, rib wasting, implant extrusion and nipple numbness are just a few complications to consider when contemplating going larger. I don't want to seem to be all doom and gloom, I just want you to be well aware of what you will be getting into if you decide to move forward.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Going from 460 and 520 round EHR over muscle to either 800 or 920.

Going larger than you currently are may possibly fulfill your goals at first but over time increases the risk of major disappointment due to tissue thinning and the appearance of tension ripples.  I would think very carefully about that choice.  Personally, I'd advise you against it.  Best wishes....

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Over muscle to either 800 or 920.

Both implants you suggest will make a visible difference in the breast, the key to your choice is the look you are after, and the trade-off of a very large implant. There will be less tissue to cover and more show through as the breast is much more implant than breast tissue. Many will later change mood over the very large implants so do take the time to consider.

Going larger

Please be very careful in your choices. Even though you might want to go larger, that decision comes with a number of significant predictable consequences. As a revisionary breast specialist, I see the chronic changes associated with implants on top of the muscle and with too large of an implant. Both lead to premature drooping. You have very large breasts and are showing early sign of implant descent. Placing a larger implant will only accelerate that process. Right now you are at the largest implant that your skin will handle. Please reconsider going larger. Best wishes to you.

Paul E. Chasan, MD
Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Don't focus on cup sizes…

Thank you for the question. Yes, you will see a difference with the planned operation; the important question is whether it will be the outcome that you are trying to achieve?  Ultimately, careful selection of your plastic surgeon and careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “round, fake look” or "significant difference” or "F cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to larger breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes. 

Bra size not possible to predict after implant surgery

All bra manufactures differ in their sizing system, so it is not possible to predict bra size after implant surgery.  I try to have all my patients concentrate more on the final "look" or appearance rather than the bra size.  Because what really matters is the appearance, not some numbers and letters!

Having said that, when performing remove and replace procedures, to see ANY noticeable difference when increasing in size, the new implants need to be at least 50% larger than the old implants.  Since your old implants were 460 cc and 520 cc, a 50% increase would be 690 cc and 780 cc.  So, yes you would see a noticeable difference if going to 800-920 cc.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon