4 months post-op; hair is growing also falling?

I'm coming up to 4 months now and transplanted area has started to grow a bit, but every time I wash my transplanted hair or put grease In my hair I'm finding hair on my finger tips. Is this normal for 4 months I thought once transplanted hair starts growing it should not still be shedding. I have also been on propecia for 2 years now

You need to contact your doctor for a follow up examination. In general transplanted hairs will fall out before new hairs

You need to contact your doctor for a follow up examination.  In general transplanted hairs will fall out before new hairs grow out.  If you are losing hair after 4 months, it may also be your non-transplanted hairs.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair falling out at 4 months

Delayed shock loss is not uncommon for the native hair left behind after a hair transplant. The best way to prevent this is with the drug finasteride (see below)

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Thank you for the question. It is normal to have hair shedding as it gets into a cycle. This can take upto 9-12 months. You also can have normal hair loss for which propecia can help. It is best to follow up with your board certified surgeon. Good luck.

Hair growing and falling 4 months after a hair transplant

Brenyah12,Having a hair transplant does not alter the natural progression of Androgenetic hair loss (AGA). It is good that you have been on Propecia for 2 years, however, sometimes it is not enough to completely stop the hair loss. Recommend that you keep count of the total number of hairs loss per 24 hr period for one week. It is normal to shed between 50-100 hairs per day due to the normal cycling of hair growth on the scalp. Another possibility is possible shock loss from the surgical procedure. It is not possible for anybody to diagnose your condition without the benefit of an in person evaluation. Good luck.
Sincerely, 
Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon