Will 350 and 400cc (for asymmetry) high profile, silicone, round, overs get me my desired E cup?

So, I'm currently a c cup. I saw my surgeon yesterday and he's suggested 350 and 400cc (for asymmetry) high profile, silicone, round, overs to get my desired E cup. After reading online I'm starting to doubt whether or not I've gone big enough... Please help, if I want to change the size I need to have yet another consultation (I tried asking over the phone) but if I'll obtain that size I don't need to worry.

Implant Size Options

Everyone will have a maximum, reasonable implant size option based on their measurements. The base diameter of the implant must fit you and projection/overall volume should relate to your existing tissue capacity. If your Plastic Surgeon recommended these as your largest, reasonable option they likely have good reason for doing so. I recommend that you discuss your goals clearly and ask for clarification about your measurements and options.
All the best

Thank you for your question.  Breast implant selection is an exciting, but stressful part of the breast augmentation process as there are so many choices. Unfortunately it is impossible to recommend the best implant style, size or shape without an in-person examination that allows for the measurement of key breast parameters, as well as permits an in-depth discussion as to your desired goals and outcome. I would recommend you voice your concerns with your surgeon, they are in the best position to ensure that the implants the two of your decide upon are the right ones to meet your expectations.  It sounds as if it may be wise for you to "try on" several of the implants so that you can have a better visual representation as to what they would look like.  Best wishes!

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. It depends on your chest wall measurements and existing breast tissue as implant size does not accurately correlate to a bra size.  It also depends on the brand and style of bra you wear as size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Best breast implants for me?

Based on your questions/concerns it certainly sounds like you will be best off spending more time discussing these questions/concerns directly with your plastic surgeon. It will be important that you both are on the "same page" prior to proceeding.  Also, make sure that you are fully aware of the pros/cons associated with different positioning of breast implants; you will find a lot of information on this website.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or  "E  cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice. 3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Breast implants

It is impossible to give you an accurate answer without a picture. Please re-post with a picture of yourself and we can help determine which implant size is best for you.

Mark Deutsch, MD

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to tell without a photo. I would recommend speaking to your surgeon. If you are unhappy, you can always try getting a second opinion from another surgeon. Always ensure that you see a board certified plastic surgeon. An in-person assessment is always best. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD