10 weeks post op with 365cc under and my breast too apart. What can I do to improve this problem? (Photo)

Im 10 weeks post op with 365cc inspira texture under muscle but my breast are too apart, they are more noticeable when im lying down. What can i do to improve that problem? My natural breast was quite apart but no bad just too small and that why they looked apart.

Cleavage Spacing

Unfortunately there is a limit to how close your breasts can sit when placed under the muscle. As well, the spacing which exists between your nipples before surgery cannot be changed with a breast augmentation alone- the implants should be placed centered under your areolas. When laying down, it us not uncommon for implants to displace laterally, slightly, however if you feel that this amount is increasing, ask your Plastic Surgeon to examine you. Plastic Surgeons will typically advise certain activity restrictions and surgical support bras to limit lateral displacement for a time post op.

All the best

Breasts too far apart

Hello, if there is a significant space between the breasts prior to surgery, it is difficult to make it much smaller afterward.  If the skin over the breast bone (sternum) is released excessively, it can create an abnormal appearance called synmastia.

Muscle attachments to sternum are keeping your breasts apart

Submuscular implants can have this look. This is because muscle attachments to your sternum keep breast pockets apart giving wide cleavage.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Breasts too far apart after augmentaion

What you don't like about your implants is that they are spaced to far apart. Your surgical pocket does not extend close enough to the midline. I would suspect that you are one of a subset of patients that has insertions of the chest wall muscles that extend significantly away from the sternum (midline).

Unfortunately, if that is the case, your only option is to remove the implants and try placing them in a different plane, if you do have adequate soft tissue coverage, to afford a subfascial or subgladular plane. Looking at your features, you might be a candidate for a textured, anatomic highly cohesive implant in a subfascial plane, but I would need to examine you to say for sure. 

See an board certified  PS with experience in placing implants in multiple planes and makes individual decisions based on each specific patient. 

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

10 weeks post op with 365cc under and my breast too apart. What can I do to improve this problem?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs.  I can see your area of concern, but without an in-person examination it is difficult to give you an accurate recommendation.  The separation of a woman's breasts, even with implants, is limited by the width of your breast bone.  Any dissection over this area will tent the skin at best, and at worst can create a communication between your implants termed synmastia.  Voice your concerns with your surgeon, they will best be able to discuss your specific results based on anatomy.  

Sorry but NOT much. Your chest/breast anatomy precludes you have a cleavage>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Too far apart post aug

After looking at your photos you can leave it alone but that will not change the situation or maybe talk to oyur surgeon about perhaps redoing the pockets or another tecjnique is to do some fat grafting to those areas where your breast are separated.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon