10 days on I have very lumpy armpits, how long will it take for the lumps to go completely ?

MiraDry Healing

Hi and thank you for your question! 

It is always best to refer the practice where you had your procedure performed with any and all concerns/questions. That said, it is not unusual for patients to have some lumpiness in the under arm area after miraDry for several weeks and rarely for several months after the procedure. I recently had the procedure and experienced soreness and lumps, just like you. What I found to be very helpful is massaging the area in the shower with the warm water, daily. This helped relieve both the soreness and the lumpiness. Refer to your provider for further instructions. It will get better, everyone is different as to how quickly it will resolve. 

Overall, the downtime for me was minimal and I am am so thrilled to not have to deal with sweat and odor or wearing deodorant!

Dr. Grant Stevens

Lumps?

Thanks for this question. Lumps are totally normal and may take some time to go away completely. Massaging will help greatly. Some medications including a steroid injection may be of help, but you should speak with your treating physician. Best wishes, Dr. ALDO :)

Aldo Guerra, MD

Lumps post MiraDry

Lumps are a possibility post MiraDry procedure.  It is important to massage the area daily which will help break up the tissue.  Anti-inflammatory medication is helpful as well.  In our practice, we have a MLD (manual lymphatic drainage) massage therapist who sees our MiraDry patients at least 5 times after the procedure until the lumps have resolved.  This helps tremendously to speed up the healing process.  Good Luck.

Laurie A. Casas, MD, FACS

Lumps and Nodules in Underarms after miraDry is Temporary

Lumps and nodules in the underarms after miraDry occur in about 10-20% of our patients. It is always temporary but can take 1-2 months to completely resolve. 

Lumpy armpits after miraDry

I assume this is following miraDry. 

It can take up to 4 weeks for them to resolve.

Dr H Karamanoukian