1 Year post rhinoplasty but I feel my tip is over projected/Polly beak? (photos)

I had a rhinoplasty September 3rd, 2015, for cosmetic reasons. My surgeon reduced my dorsal hump and rotated the tip but now I feel that since the swelling has gone down that my tip projects the same amount as it did on my 'old' nose. I'm seeking a revision though my surgeon but other doctors opinions will be appreciated greatly.

Revision rhinoplasty candidate

A revision rhinoplasty can accomplish reduction of the poly peak, reduction of the projection of the nose, and the hanging columella. It's best to seek out a very experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist for best results. Consider placement of a small Silastic chin implant to help both facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the overly projecting nose

Revision

Your nose has a hanging columella and the tip has supratip fullness. This can  be due to excess height of the distal septum or thickened skin that could not contract.The aesthetics isssues are correctable with appropriate revision rhinoplasty

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Review my results

Thank you for your questions and photos. I am sorry you are not pleased with your results and would recommend you discuss this further with your original surgeon. Share with him your concerns. You have a nice improvement in your profile, but I also understand why you might want to shorten the nasal length and refine the profile/tip a bit more. An initial surgeon is often limited in the amount of reduction that can be performed based on skin thickness an initial anatomy. If you feel strongly that you want further change, and your surgeon is not inclined to re-operate, then seek out a well qualified surgeon comfortable with revision nasal surgery. I hope this helps. Take care. 

Robert Brobst, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

1 Year post rhinoplasty but I feel my tip is over projected/Polly beak?

Hello bryaspi - Thanks for your question. Relative to your other facial projection points, your nose is still a little long and your chin is a little recessed. To further harmonize your face, further deprojection of your nose would help, along with the addition of a chin implant to improve balance. On one of your profile views I can see a tiny amount of polly beak deformity which is easily correctable.  The reality is that you had a very large nose to begin with and your change was quite good. However to ask for revision surgery to optimize your results isn't wrong and you are going about it the right way. Work closely with your surgeon.  Good luck, Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty Considerations

Thanks for your post and your thoughtful assessment of your one year result. You are correct. In my view your nose still appears too long and your tip appears overprotected. In profile, your supra-tip remains too high and the columellar area show too much because of the extra length. It would be helpful to see the front view photo for further comment. That said, I think that it is very reasonable for you to consider a revision rhinoplasty to address the feature of your nose that you remain unhappy about. Hopefully your surgeon will share your interest in considering further improvement. If not, consult with other experienced rhinoplasty surgeons for another opinion. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your rhinoplasty results from another plastic surgeon

Hi.  You had a very large nose.  The surgeon gave you a nice nose.  The picture you posted at 4 months shows a great result.  The more recent pics are with you smiling and the pre-op ones are without smiling so you are not comparing apple to apples.  Regardless, you have a decent result.  Its not amazing but its not bad.  Sometimes a surgeon cannot reduce a nose by as much as he wants because there will be too much loose skin left over.  Sometimes to get a cute nose from a very large nose its a two stage operation.  

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon