2 weeks after rhinoplasty: is this normal or is my nose botched? (Photo)

After my swelling has reduced enough for me to see the shape and touch without feeling pain, I have realised there is a huge difference in shape of tip between left a day right side. Also a large hard bump on the top right. Is this a botched job or is there hope?

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only 2 weeks after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Tip Asymmetry 2 Weeks after a Rhinoplasty

It takes time for the nose to heal.  At 2 weeks after a rhinoplasty, you are not at the final result.  Swelling is continuing to resolve and it has do in an asymmetric fashion.  This can create an asymmetric appearance to the nose.  I would not judge the result to until at least 1 year after the surgery.I hope this helps.  

Swelling after rhinoplasty

Your nose is still swollen and it can take 1-2 years for all the swelling to subside.  Best to give it time to heal.

Rhinoplasty Recovery

Hello,Two weeks after rhinoplasty is still very early in the recovery period to assess results. In my experience there is still 20 to 25 percent of the swelling still present at two weeks. As the swelling goes away it will do so asymmetrically (making the nose appear crooked) and will also vary in rate of reduction as time progresses. Have patience with the process and return to your surgeon to seek his reassurance.Kind Regards,

J. Phillip Garcia, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Recovery

You are very early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD