After lifting heavy tile, my silicone implants turned, and are now oblong. I'm considering polyurethane implants.

I have had silicone implants in my breast for 34 years. Last year I lifted heavy tile next morning my implant turned. I had no previous trouble. My implant is under the muscle. I am considering polyurethane implants. I know they are not being use in this country right now

After lifting heavy tile, my silicone implants turned, and are now oblong.

Thanks for your question but without photographs or a face-to-face examination it is difficult to provide anything other than general advice to help you.  When any 34-year-old implant changes the first thought that comes to my mind is that it is probably or possibly ruptured.  This may not be the case especially if it is a shaped implant but needs to be evaluated in a face-to-face consultation.  Please do not delay obtaining your consultation and best wishes.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Time for new implants!

Wow!  34 years is a long time, you sure got your monies worth.  You will need a new and thorough consultation, like starting from scratch, to evaluate your situation and determine what all your options are.  A lot has changed in implant technology and choices over the past 3 decades and there are literally hundreds of implants to choose from.  Also, I am sure you breasts and skin envelope have changed since your first procedure and that also needs to be addressed.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon