Post op breast augmentation hurts really bad!!

Hi, I had my breast augmentation yesterday and pain was still bad, I can barely move, even when I'm laying down. My Dr I prescribed Vicodin, but it doesn't seem to help. How can I minimize pain? I got 600cc under the muscle and I was small 34A cup. Thank you

It will just take time

You have overly large implant in a small space behind your muscle. It usually hurts till muscle has stretched enough to accommodate this size implant. Thus it will take some time. Strong pain medicines are not always good answer to this anatomical issue.

Post op pain bad

Thank you for your question.  Pain following breast augmentation involving a 600cc implant on a small 34A cup would be appropriate at one day post op.  My advice is to follow up with your PS.  Perhaps he/she would consider a stronger pain reliever than the vicodin for a few days.  Good luck.

Pain after breast augmentation

Given your starting breast size and the 600c cc implants under the muscle, the stretching of the underlying muscle and breast tissue is causing your discomfort.  This can be quite typical with implants of this size, At this point increasing the dose of your pain medication and adding a muscle relaxant  to your regimen may help. You should discuss this with your plastic surgeon as soon as possible. Also, it is possible that your garment may be too tight, so this may need to be looked into.
Best wishes,Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Post-Op Day #1 Breast Augmentation

Please call your doctor to discuss ASAP.  He/she can ascertain if you are okay and only he/she can prescribe more therapy if indicated.   I hope your pain gets better soon and best of luck with your recovery.  

Pain

You have chosen large implants that are putting a lot of stress on your muscles. You might try cold compresses over the muscles. Please do not freeze your tissue. If you have 5 mg dosage of Vicodin, you might try taking two. You might try adjusting your bra or wrap--it may be too tight. Also, you should contact your surgeon. Muscles relaxers could also be helpful. The pain should slowly go away as you heal.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Big implants in a small breast are going to cause pain.  Should have been expected.  You should, however, follow up with your doctor to make sure there is not  a problem.  Make sure dressings or bra if any are not too tight.  You may need a different pain reliever.  Some plastic surgeons find muscle relaxers useful.  Best of luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Pain post surgery

You need to contact your surgeon regarding this. Pain is expected post surgery but they need to ensure it's under control. Contact your surgeon and let them know your concerns.

Post Augmentation Pain

Part of the severe pain is from receiving such a large implant when you began at such a small size. Biometric planning pre-operatively can optimize the size of implant consistent with your body dimensions. Pain control can be helped by icing or cooling the breast tissue. Be careful to not put the ice right on your skin (preferably over a thin towel or T-shirt). I'd also recommend Ibuprofen - 600 mg in the morning, afternoon and evening, in addition to your narcotic pain medication. Do not take extra medication as your pain medication most likely had tylenol in it. You should contact your surgeon to make sure there aren't any other reasons for your severe pain.

Dell Smith, MD
Twin Falls Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Pain

Contact your surgeon regarding your pain.  Pain usually means something is wrong or needs to be addressed.  If your implants are under the muscle, pain is expected.  Your surgeon may want to give you a muscle relaxer and suggest you apply ice packs for comfort.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

You do not mention how far out from surgery you are. Is one breast more painful, swollen, red or hot to the touch then the other?  600cc implants under the muscle in a A cup patient would likely cause quite a bit of soreness in the first few days.  I write for Valium as a muscle relaxant as well to help relieve the discomfort.  Also, try ice packs on the upper pole of the breast.  Good luck!