How long will the swelling last and why did my eye swell? Will my face stay like this forever?

Im 34 yrs old, I had restyline lyft put in laugh lines for the first on feb. 11th 2016, after getting it done I liked it, I had no bruising or swelling just a little tender that's all. the nurse told me if i did another serynge it will make the lines go away completely, so I said I'd think about it. I went back in Monday the 22nd for second serynge, the next morning I woke up swollen. I was told message the area, now my right eye is very puffy, and still swollen face, how long will this last.

Swelling from Injections

If your swelling lasts longer you should definitely return to your treating physician.  It can be swollen from the product or from infection.  Please consult an expert for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Excessive swelling under the eyes after restylane

Filler in the cheek and tear trough can cause excessive and long lasting swelling of the lower lids by restricting lymphatic drainage of the eyelid.  The is often seen by the next morning and does not tend to abate.  To reduce this, some of the filler needs to be dissolved with hyaluronidase.  Infections may also cause significant swelling.  You should be evaluated by an expert injector for diagnosis and treatment of this persistant swelling.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Excessive swelling following injection of Restylane

Thank you for sharing your question. You have excessive swelling following injection of Restylane; however, it should resolve within the next week. If you still have significant swelling, see an experienced, board-certified injector to dissolve the product with Hyaluronidase. 
Good luck,

Swelling after injections -- reverse with hyaluronidase and do venus legacy

if you are unhappy after 10-14 days then reverse the filler.  at this time venus legacy treatments and oral diuretics can help.  Please see your physician if you are concerned.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Restylane causing eye swelling

Thank you for the Q and photo.

The final result will be apparent in 2 weeks when swelling should subside. At that time, your doctor can determine if it is overfill and consider dissolution with Vitrase.

Dr Karamanoukian

Swelling After Fillers

Hi Liana. Swelling after filler injections is common and can take up to 2 weeks to fully resolve. If there is still considerable swelling after 2 weeks then it is likely that you have been overfilled. At that point you can have the filler dissolved using Hyaluronidase. Hope this helps answer your question.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon