Will a DermaPen help with blemishes?

I have on blemish in particular that is kind of puffy maybe from too much collagen built up while heeling or something. Could that deflate back to normal? Along with the blemish itself lightening up or disappearing all together? Thanks

Best to schedule your in office consultation

It is very hard to determine without photos. I would recommend scheduling a in office consult with your provider to determine what treatments and products are best to achieve your desired results. 

Best to you, Dr Faraz

Ladera Ranch OB/GYN

Consult with a board-certified dermatologist

Thank you for your question. Without photos, it is difficult to determine what skin condition you are dealing with and thus what treatment would be the most effective for you. I recommend consulting with a board-certified dermatologist who can assess you in person and determine what treatment would provide you with the best result. In general, Dermapen (microneedling) is an excellent treatment that provides improvement for acne, acne scars, fine lines, pigmentation with minimal downtime. 

I hope this answer is helpful! Best of luck.

Tracy Leong, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Abolishing blemishes with microneedling/prp, lasers, skin care, peels

This is tough to answer without pictures. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist to go over treatment options. Lasers, microneedling/prp, peels and skin care may all give improvement. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

DermaPen help with blemish

Without seeing your particular issue, it is a little hard to judge. However, DermaPen or microneedling will help with the collagen/ scar aspects of the blemish.  However, they do not really tend to affect pigment.  For this, I would recommend IPL or laser treatments.  IPL with Dermapen is a great combo and with a series should be able to make the blemish disappear.  I would recommend a consult with a good aesthetic doctor who has several different aspects to treat different issues.  They should be able to come up with a treatment plan.

Good luck,

Dr. Powell

Scott Powell, MD
Denton General Surgeon