Smoothening Lumps by Emulsifying Fat Via Vaser Lipo?

What happens when emulsified fat from "Vaser" Lipo doesn't get suctioned out? I have very little fat on my flanks with scar tissue from liposuction, combined with 3 fat grafts (from previous surgeons trying to repair lipoathropy) so it looks very lumpy.

One doctor told me that with Vaser, he can emulsify the fat and fibrous tissue without removing it and have me wear a compression garment to create a smoother look.

Smoothening lumps via Vaser Lipo

Dear Dp,

To answer your questions:
1. "What happens when emulsified fat from "Vaser" Lipo doesn't get suctioned out?" - Eventually, your body absorbs it. It is always advisable to remove as much of this broken down (emulsified) fat as possible.

2. "I have very little fat on my flanks with scar tissue from liposuction, combined with 3 fat grafts (from previous surgeons trying to repair lipoathropy) so it looks very lumpy." - If the lumpiness is totally caused by the uneven fat grafts, the proposed technique MAY correct it. But - as part of the "solution" you may lose the fat graft that took. But VASER cannot remove scar tissue. So, if the reson for the lumpiness is scar tissue, this technique may make things worse.

I suggest you get several opinions and go with a surgeon who is experienced with revision surgery.

Hope this was helpful.

Best result would be if the emulsified fat is suctioned out

Vaser lipo will break up the fat cells. If the damaged fat cellsare not removed, it will take much longer for the final result. looks like you have a complex problem and you will need a surgeon with experience in redo  surgery.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon