Allergic reactions affecting my eyes, now I have thinning under eyes, bags, and hollows. How do I improve this? (Photos)

I endured weekly allergic reaction on my face an eyes for around 9 months. 2 years on the reactions are under control, however the skin under my eyes have been left thin, with collegen loss & darkened bags,

Doctor Answers 3

Under eye concern

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

hi paceandgo,

The picture is not so clear and it is not enough to make a definite conclusion about the cause of the condition. Based from the photo however, it looks like you have pigmentation, tear trough, and wrinkles, however, we cannot judge if the pigmentation is superficial or deep. If it is superficial, laser may help. The tear trough on the other hand can be improved by fillers, and the wrinkles can be improved by botox.

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Rejuvenating under the eye--lasers, microneedling/prp and fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Now that your allergies are under control, loose skin and wrinkles under the eyes can be improved with a combination of: lasers, microneedling/PRP, and fillers. I suggest you see an expert for treatment options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Under eye treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You first want to be sure that the allergic reaction is well controlled and that it is not caused from direct contact with the affected area.  You can consider not surgical treatments such as lasers or fillers to help smooth the look of the area.  Due to your medical history I would discuss any treatments first with both your allergist as well as an experienced plastic surgeon or injector.

Camille Cash, MD
Houston Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 36 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.