Do I have gynecomastia based off my picture? (Photo)

Gynecomastia

Based on your photograph you do have Gynecomastia, you would benefit from  some weight loss then breast reduction surgery to reduce the residual breast size.Morrison MD

Candidate for gynecomastia removal surgery

From your photos, you seem to be a candidate for gynecomastia removal surgery or male breast reduction. Healthy male patients with excess breast tissue or unwanted breast development who have no underlying breast disease.Men who desire improved physical and aesthetic appearance should have realistic expectations based on their condition and the procedure performed.

You should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to be able to get a formal diagnosis and to be able to decide on a course of treatment if necessary.

Gynecomastia Candidate

Looking at your photo, Gynecomastia surgery or Male Breast Reduction would be a great option for you. The procedure gives a natural result and is a combination of liposuction and reduction of breast tissue to decrease and flatten the appearance of male breast. Be sure to see a specialist for consultation.

What is gynecomastia?

Gynecomastia refers to enlargement of breast in men. There are many causes including use of steroids, marijuana, obesity, some rare tumors or just going through puberty. The photos show enlarge breasts with overhang of soft tissues. If this bothers you and your weight is stable it can be corrected with surgery as long as the underlying cause is removed.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

You need the best gynecomastia expert you can find

How should I choose a surgeon? Choose carefully. The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon 1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience. 2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient. 3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter. 4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery? Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.So be extremely careful choosing the right Plastic Surgeon at the beginning.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Male Breast Reduction for Gynecomastia

Thank you for your question about Male Breast Reduction.

Based solely off one picture, yes, it appears as though you have male breast enlargement or gynecomastia.  Male breast reduction may be an option.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Gynecomastia

Since gynecomastia is defined as enlargement of the male breast and you have enlargement of your breasts, you have, by definition, gynecomastia. If you do anything about it is purely determined by whether you are bothered by it or not. What to  do about it is determined by the cause and the anatomy. The usual treatment for what you have would be removal of the breast tissue, liposuction of the surrounding area and areola and skin reduction. If you wish to do something, make sure the enlargement is stable and any cause controlled or eliminated and then see a board certified plastic surgeon

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia Repair

Yes, based on the pictures, it appears that you do have gynecomastia.  I would recommend an in-person consultation to review your options.  In most cases liposuction alone can make a nice improvement.  In some cases, skin excision is also required.

Good Luck

David Shafer, MD

Yes

You have gynecomastia. Surgery to reduce your breasts will help you. Only surgical treatment will help.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Gynecomastia

You have gynecomastia. How much is glandular tissue versus fat is based upon an exam in person.  An areola reduction may be beneficial.