What options are for financing a Breast Reduction w/ no credit (insurance exclusion)? Do PS ever accept payments? (photo)

Hi, I'm 20 & in serious need of a BR. I'm a 30K, 150lbs, 5'8". As a student suffering from wildly disproportioned breasts, I don't make enough money to afford a BR. People keep saying, "Just wait & save up," but once I'm out of college I'll be repaying school loans, so I feel I still won't be able to save up. After the reduction, I am certain I can make more money due to having more energy (like before my breasts became a problem), so I feel I could easily handle the debt. What are my options?

Options registering breast reduction

there are ways to finance a breast reduction with companies such as care credit. They can help in certain situations. However, you may want to wait until you have a regular insurance policy and are at a more favorable financial state in life. Breast reduction is a powerful procedure but you want to make sure you have exhausted nonsurgical options such as physical therapy and strength training. You should talk to a board certified plastic surgeon to obtain more detailed information for your situation. 

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

What options are for financing a Breast Reduction w/ no credit (insurance exclusion)?

I am sorry to hear about the problems that your disproportionately large breasts are causing.  Breast reduction surgery tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operation we perform. Careful selection of your plastic surgeon will be the most important decision you make moving forward.

In our practice, we use Care Credit as well as other companies; they have been used by our patients with no problems.  They do have different rates so please make sure you get all of the information you need prior to signing up with any financing company.

Generally speaking, it is always in patients' best interests to achieve a certain degree of financial stability prior to undergoing elective surgery of any type. Patients should also keep in mind that additional surgery may be necessary in the short or long term, following the primary procedure that is being performed;  this additional surgery may be associated  out-of-pocket expenses. Again, best to achieve a physical, emotional, psychosocial, and financial “stable state” prior to considering elective plastic surgery.