Should I get High Profile or Ultra High Profile? (Photo)

I'm 5"4 and weigh 136 I wear a size 34 A I would say I'm built small but not "petite" I want to wear a size D bra a smaller D is fine. I was recommended by my surgeon to get 455cc Ultra High Profile implants She recommended because I have a narrow chest she thinks that I couldn't fulfill my volume desire with the High Profile without having too much side boob. I'm scared to get the Ultra and I want a lot of upper cleavage as my boobs sit low as it is. Should I lower volume? High profile or Ultra

Should I get High Profile or Ultra High Profile breast implants.?

I share your concern about ultra high profile implants. I would go smaller to fit high profile or moderate plus for more natural look.

Should I get High Profile or Ultra High Profile?

Both will give you a rounded upper breast with the "fake breast look", the ultra high profile more so than the high. Remember that on a small frame such as yours, it doesn't take an extremely high volume implant to fill your breast out to a D volume because a D-cup in a size 32/24 is a smaller breast than a D-cup in a size 36/38. I would stick with the medium or high profile implants and choose which depending on how much upper fullness you want. I think that the ultra high profiles will be excessive.

Thank you for your question and photographs. Breast implant selection is an exciting, but stressful part of the breast augmentation process as there are so many choices. Unfortunately it is impossible to recommend the best implant style, size or shape without an in-person examination that allows for the measurement of key breast parameters, as well as permits an in-depth discussion as to your desired goals and outcome. Based on your supplied photographs I would recommend either a moderate plus or high profile implant using either a highly cohesive gel implant from Sientra, the "gummy bear" implant, or the higher fill silicone implant from Allergan, the Inspira.  Best wishes!

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photos.  The 3D image you've provided shows a lack of upper-pole fullness and a significant gap between your breasts.  A high profile implant (as opposed to ultra high) may be a better option for you.  I tell my patients that a high, let alone ultra high, profile implant will give them a more "augmented" look which some refer to as "fake."  Ultimately this decision depends on your goals and your should do 3D imaging with other implant sizes/profiles before making your final decision.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation/ Cohesive Gel Implants / Silicone Implants / Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

I would tend to go with the high profile

Based on the info provided, I would like to have more medial fullness(cleavage) so I would prefer a high profile breast implant of similar size for your breast augmentation.  I would also prefer the Natrelle Inspira or Sientra 107 gel breast implants.

The Vectra images shows very little fullness at the upper part of your breasts and a large space between your breasts.
Best Wishes,
Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Thank you for the good question.  
When it comes to selection of optimal breast implant size/profile, online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "smaller D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Asking fir over the internet advise is great but without in person examination and measurements we can only guess! I guess HP 450 cc ranges!!!!!