Bump on one side of the tip of my nose?

I had my surgery about a week and a half ago, and as the swelling has gone down, one side of the tip of my nose is firm and has a little bump to it. Could this just be swelling? How can I tell if its cartilage or not, or will only time tell?

Rhinoplasty

It is important to consult with your surgeon with any questions or concerns you may have as they know your medical history, anatomy and surgery best. I would schedule an appointment to have a physical examination of your nose performed by your surgeon. You are very early in your recovery and your appearance will continue to refine.  It may take up to a year for all swelling to resolve and for your nasal appearance to settle to a final outcome. Your doctor may prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help reduce the swelling. Healing is often unpredictable and one side may heal quicker than the other and sometimes even nasal bones may shift in healing.  The outcomes may not be as expected.  In some cases a revision may be recommended to refine your outcomes, but I would wait at least 12-18 months so you are fully healed before considering a revision. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty at one week

You are one week post-op and it can take months to a year or longer for all the swelling to subside. Best of luck.