Am I a rhinoplasty candidate? (Photo)

Hello! I've always been unhappy with my nose, but recently I got a lip lift & my nose got worse! It now hooks much more at the tip & "clusters" near the tip as well. My nostrils are huge, too. I was told by one plastic surgeon that I can go to California to find a surgeon who will work on my nose or that I need counseling. I've always been unhappy with my nose and now I'm even more unhappy with it. I would like a slender nose like Kim Kardashian. I've added a few photos of my nose.

Asian rhinoplasty considerations

Variants of the Asian nose include a low nasal dorsum, a wide nasal dorsum and relatively weak nasal projection. Rhinoplasty with rib graft augmentation and improvement of tip support will create a more non-Asian nasal appearance. 

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Dear Stephanie, You are a candidate for rhinoplasty surgery to address narrowing your nose, slightly reducing the dorsal hump and  providing better tip projection and symmetry. During consultation imaging can be performed to show you the proposed changes to your nose. Once you review these you can see if these changes would be satisfactory to you and provide you with the desired look you want.  See rhinoplasty examples in the link below and imaging in the video above. Surgical scheduling would be determined based on the date you had your lip lift. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty , some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Am I rhinoplasty candidate?

It's important to wait at least six months to a year to allow full healing from the lip lift before undergoing a rhinoplasty procedure. A rhinoplasty can accomplish adjusting the nasal tip for better balance and reducing the hanging columella. Wide nostrils can be  reduced within an alar-plasty. It's important to know why your surgeon was recommending counseling?

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Am I a rhinoplasty candidate?

While it is possible to cosmetically improve the appearance of your nose with an artistically performed rhinoplasty, if you fully expect to get a nose exactly like someone else, you will be disappointed in your final result. If any one promises that you can achieve that exact result, I would be wary.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on a limited two dimensional photo without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (ENT) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the photos and from them without an examination you would benefit from a rhinoplasty so see some experts

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Am

You do have asymmetry of your nose, a poorly projected tip, and a hanging coumella which could be improved with rhinoplasty surgery. Timing of this would depend on when you had your lip lift.