Tummy tuck nightmare. What should I do? (Photo)

I wish I could give full details but I only have 500 characters to explain so I will do my best. I paid for an extended tummy tuck with lipo of the abs, flanks and back. I got a mini tuck done with nothing done to belly button. He revised twice. Last time he cut me on the sides to remove excess skin and try to fix my belly button and scar tissue build up. Revisions were done in office under local. I have no belly button now and tons of scar tissue bulging from my lower abs.. I can't pay to fix?

Thank you for your questions and series of photographs.  I would recommend discussing your results with your surgeon and voicing your concerns. Ultimately they want you to be happy with your results and should be willing to work with you to achieve them. If the answers you get are not to your satisfaction, seek secondary and tertiary opinions. 

Tummy tuck nightmare. What should I do?

I recommend discussing your concerns with your surgeon. Otherwise you may want to seek a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Tummy Tuck

Thank you very much for your question.

I would continue to discuss your concerns with your surgeon and see what they recommend.  If you aren't happy with the answers you are getting, you are always able to consult with another plastic surgeon for their thoughts.  Without knowing more details of the surgery, and examining you in person, it's not easy to make any specific recommendations.

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Revision of abdomen

Without seeing your preoperative photographs to compare to, it's impossible to know the quality of the results. If you required skin to be tightened above the bellybutton and it has not ye been done leading to the pictures you've shown, then you still have to have that done in the way of a formal tummy tuck. You certainly can get a second opinion from another board-certified plastic surgeon. I would recommend you get the preoperative photographs so that he or she can compare. It sounds like it was more of a communication problem between you and your chosen surgeon. The revision policies of each plastic surgery practice can be quite varied so you will have to discuss what the policy is of your physician with them. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS