How much, do they put you to sleep for this, is there a certain age cut off

Vaginoplasty/Vaginal Rejuvenation

I appreciate your question. Age is not an issue as long as you are in overall good health  cleared for elective surgery by your primary care doctor. Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Is there an age cut off for vaginoplasty? Is it done awake or asleep?

The age is not as important as general health when considering cosmetic surgery.   Typically patients who are interested in vaginoplasty are healthy.  (Unhealthy people are not thinking so much about improving their sexual lives.)  I generally recommend IV sedation for vaginoplasty as this allows for good relaxation so that optimum tightening can be achieved without discomfort.  

Vaginoplasty general info

Vaginoplasty is done either asleep or awake. I base the decision on your level of comfort and anxiety during the pelvic examination done during your consultation. Health status is more important than age for elective surgery and a general medical examination is a good idea beforehand if you haven't had one recently. Pricing depends on the amount of work required and the type of anesthesia.

Vaginoplasty and Anesthesia

A #vaginoplasty procedure is usually done in an outpatient surgery center. General #anesthesia is the most common anesthetic used because of the patient’s desire not to know or feel
anything. Spinal or epidural anesthetic is also an option allowing you to be
awake. This is ideal for those who have a fear of going to sleep or have other
major medical problems. Sedation and use of local anesthetics is the least
invasive of anesthetic options. Many choose this so that #recovery is almost
immediate and the down time is minimal.
If a repair of the bladder, rectum or bowel is needed then a 23 hour overnight stay may be needed. If a hysterectomy is also needed, then it is typical to stay one to two days. Placement of a sling to help with incontinence does not prolong the hospital stay. Many patients feel the pain involved is similar to the discomfort after a baby has been born.
They are somewhat sore but not in agony. #Pain control is excellent in the large
majority of cases.

Labiaplaty is routinely done in the office under local

in my practice and it keeps costs under control and makes it very affordable to my patients.  You do not have to go under a general for this and if your surgeon only does it that way, you can easily find another that can do it under local to save you a considerable amount of dollars.  If you are wanting tightening of your vagina, that would require more than local in my opinion.

Curtis Wong, MD

How much, anesthesia type, age cutoff...

Hi Adela,

I'm not sure which procedure you're asking about, but if you call our office in Davis, CA and ask for "Nicole," our Care Coordinator, she can pleasantly answer all your questions. For starters, I have attached a good weblink; other areas on the site will give you "patient experiences" & tell you all about all the procedures including Labiaplasty. Lots of good links on the site!

In general, there's no age cutoff, except if you're less than 18 you'll need to have a parent's permission/signature. Anesthesia in our office is usually "local" (safer, easier to recover, less expensive.) Costs will vary with procedure, but when you check on costs with different offices make sure you ask if there are any ADDITIONAL fees for anesthesia, the "surgical facility," and "supplies." We don't charge for these, but many offices do charge extra. Make sure you can see AT LEAST 25 "before and after" pictures of other women this surgeon has operated on (50+ is better!). Little experience generally ='s poor results...

Best wishes!

Michael P Goodman MND
Davis, CA, USA

No sure what the ? is

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. Most of our cosmetic procedures including vaginoplasties and labiaplasties  are not under general anesthesia but performed in our tranquil office within our procedure room under local anesthesia.
The procedures take approximately 1 to 2 hours in length and patients are usually watching a movie are talking to me during the procedure.