If i were to get a chin implant what direction would it enhance? (photo)

I was wandering if i get a chin implant will my chin look longer down wise, or will stick out?

Chin projection

Silicone chin implants are excellent for increasing chin projection and some additional width. They are easy to place (or remove) and the recovery time from the surgery is minimal. If the chin is short and chin height is required then a genioplasty is needed (separation of the chin from an incision inside the lip). Though this procedure needs more specialized training, it can also be performed in an office setting under light sedation. With a genioplasty, both the length and height of the chin is addressed.

Chin implants and what they can change about facial appearance

Based on the size and shape of the chin implant, the projection, width of the chin and even the length of the chin can be changed with a carefully chosen facial implant.

If i were to get a chin implant what direction would it enhance

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  The before and after photos  at the link below will give you an idea of the forward projection provided by a properly sized and placed chin implant. 

Hope this helps.

Chin implant candidate

The mandible and chin implants are both 3-dimensional structures, so the majority of the augmentation occurs in the forward projection.  Patient also gain additional width due to the wings located on the implants and a small amount of vertical height.  For more information, and diagrams of the implants and many  before and after examples of chin implants from our practice, please see the video and the link below

Candidate for a chin implant

Without an exam or at least photos your question cannot be answered. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation