61 yrs old, will Coolsculpting help with small turkey gobble? (photos)

Would Kybella work better at reducing my turkey gobble/double chin? How many treatments? How long does it last?

Treatment of Turkey Gobble

Hello and thanks for your question. Kybella and CoolSculpting work well to reduce fat accumulation underneath the chin. They are not a treatment for loose skin, or the turkey gobble as you describe it. Looking at your pictures I don't think they would be an appropriate treatment for you. If you are looking for non-surgical options I think the best one available to treat loose skin under the chin and neck is ThermiTight. I have attached a link on this for more info. Hope this helps.

Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

61 yrs old, will Coolsculpting help with small turkey gobble?

Thank you for your question. The CoolMini usually works great for this area. Sometimes it can take up to 2 treatments to see the results you desire. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns, learn more about the procedure, and determine if you are a good candidate. An in-person assessment is always best. Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

This area typically needs a neck lift with platysmaplasty and liposuction but you can try liposuction/ThermiRF or kybella to see if you get a good enough improvement for you to be happy.  Best, Dr. Emer.

You may find that you would get better results from Ultherapy

In looking at your images and reading your description you seem to be more concerned with skin laxity then fullness of the submental region (under chin). If that is in fact the case you might want to consider Ultherapy it is the industry leading treatment for skin laxity and utilizes ultrasound technology to deliver a triple treatment depth protocol which can deliver quite impressive results.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Turkey gobble treatment

We like to look at aesthetic treatment of the double chin, turkey gobble not as a one size fits all.  Often in my practice we use multiple modalities to address this condition.   These include Kybella, the CoolScupt Mini adapter and Thermi250 radiofrequency.  Often all three are used to give optimal results allowing us to address that true submental fat deposit, fat that is more lateral and the skin laxity that either exists or will occur with fat reduction.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Contouring the neckline with Kybella or CoolSculpting

Both Kybella and CoolSculpting can be used to treat the area beneath the chin.  Both treatments usually require 2 (and sometimes 3) sessions to get the optimal cosmetic effect.  Patients are generally very happy with the results of both procedures.  There are also surgical options available which are more invasive and require more downtime, generally speaking.

It's difficult to make an accurate recommendation for you based on the photos you posted, but there are many good options available to you today.  I recommend consulting with a Cosmetic Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon to get more personalized recommendations.

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment of double chin/turkey gobble

CoolSculpting and Kybella could both be used to treat a double chin caused by excess fat.  A turkey neck or waddle would not be improved with these treatments as they would only affect the fat and not significantly improve the skin.  Surgery, in the way of a face/neck lift, would produce the most dramatic improvement.  A non-surgical option that would produce more subtle skin tightening would be Ultherapy.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

It seems as if you would be a good candidate for removal of the fat from underneath the chin with the cool mini applicator approved by the FDA. The loose skin will not be improved by this technique or Kybella either. 

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS