Can you tell me if my top tooth could be fixed by a veneer? (Photo)

The tooth in question is higher up in my gum then the rest of my teeth and when I smile it is quite noticeable. I wore braces as a kid but my orthodontist never prescribed retainers afterwards so my teeth shifted back.

It could but we treatment with Orthodontics is probably better

If you're happy with the way the teeth actually look, then the best thing would be to have Orthodontics performed again and then make sure you have retainers to wear to keep them in place. I think you're talking about the smaller lateral incisor tooth number 7 but your tooth number 8 also looks like it may be higher up because it's not level with the other central incisor in front. So I'm not quite sure exactly which tooth you're talking about. Orthodontics would be the most conservative way to treat your case. If you do just one veneer it may be difficult to match that with your other natural teeth so you would probably want to consider treating all of your teeth in the Smile Zone if you did veneers. That would also allow the other length issues to be addressed. I will repeat myself one more time though. Orthodontic treatment is probably the best option to consider.

Douglas Jopling,  DDS
Dallas Texas area

#Veneer vs ortho to fix front tooth #DrSoftTouch

Veneers are an option for you. However, four or more would be recommended to give the best results. If you are happy with the way your teeth look and are only concerned about this one tooth, I would recommend Invisalign to correct the alignment your teeth. Follow me on RealSelf if you have more questions.

VENEER

No, a single tooth would not be the answer, needs to be root canaled, and change the angulation, and the best way to go if you want to have an even smile is doing 4 front teeth, not only 1, see how the others are also un even. 
yes you can have a solution, but needs to be done first a smile analysis.

Is dental veneer an option for my front tooth?

Dental veneer can certainly straighten your tooth, however in your situation due to uneven gum line, and your tooth being buccally angulated, I highly recommend you see an orthodontist.
With orthodontics not only you can correct your tooth alignment but also you wil able to pull the gum down, which I highly recommend. 
In your case I do NOT recommend veneer or even a crown, due to amount of tooth structure required to be shaven, and due to discrepancy on your gum lines!

Orthodontics would be best

Your lateral tooth is positioned quite far facially so it is not possible to place just one veneer to correct.  Best to go through Invisalign to realign (also will correct the other alignment issues I see in the photo).  Very easy and you will get the best result with your natural teeth

Joel Klasfeld, DDS
New York Dentist

Veneer?

Your best and healthiest result will come from returning to braces and then having a permanent retainer placed. A single veneer would require excessive tooth structure removal and a root canal.