Is a mini tummy tuck my only option? (Photo)

I'm 23 years old, and 11 months post partum with my first child. I have lost most of my baby weight but I'm still left with this tiny droop and fat in my lower abdomin. I want to know if excecise can fix this or if a mini tummy tuck or another procedure is my only hope.

Is a mini tummy tuck my only option?

Thank you for your question and photos evaluating on my photos you do need mini tummy tuck and liposuction however your photo is not clear enough to evaluation.

Looks like you are good candidate for just liposuction for the moment since you're still too young for a tummy tuck and might still consider having more kids in the future. Please consult with a board certified PS. Good luck!

Mini tummy tuck

From these pictures it seems like you would get a result you are happy with by having a mini tummy tuck. If you are not done having children, I would suggest holding off until you are. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring and tummy tucks for more individualized information. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #minitummytuck 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photo. I would not decide fo a TT at the moment, maybe you could think about lipo on the abdomen or all around the waist...... but nohing more drastic just yet since you are very young an most likely will have more children. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question. In all honesty, I would recommend no surgery at all. You are very young, have a new child and your tummy looks great!  I would hold off on any surgery. Focus on your health and fitness and your baby. You may even be considering another baby in the future. The best time to address issues related to body contouring is after you have completed your family.  You'll get the most bang for your buck.

Congratulations and Good Luck,

Michael Morrissey,MD

When mini tummy tuck is the best option

If the skin laxity is limited to the lower abdomen, a mini tummy tuck can be a good option. Fat reduction can be done with lipo wherever needed. Exercise will not improve skin tone or reduce localized fat.

Richard Baxter, MD

Mini Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Is a mini tummy tuck my only option

Unfortunately exercise will not tighten skin nor can it be directed for localized fat reduction. I am afraid you will need some type of surgical procedure.  Liposuction alone might help the pooch but can leave you with even looser skin.

Julio Garcia, MD