2.5 years post TT and I still feel like I have a belt pulled tight around my waist to the point it is seriously uncomfortable.

I have spoken to my PS about this problem and his only suggestion was to stretch my tummy. This does not help the problem. Since my TT I have felt overly tight and the sensation is like I have majorly over eaten as well as have a tight pair of pants or belt on. Except I can't loosen anything because it is my own body that is making me feel this way. I do not want to live my life this way. If I had known that this was possible I would never have had the surgery done. Is it possible that it is too tight.

Tightness after tummy tuck

This much tightness to the point of discomfort is highly unusual. Most times patients are wishing they were tighter after a year or so. My question is whether you are actually tight, or do you just feel tight. That is, when a surgeon examines you, and you relax; does he feel there is excessive tightness to your abdominal wall? Because you can certainly have a soft and non-tender exam but have these sensations. This would be similar to phantom limb pain. Most people have heard of this syndrome, where even when a leg has been amputated, the patient continues to have pain, like the leg is still attached. It is possible that nerves are still firing and your brain has trained itself to feel these sensations, even though your abdomen is soft. I would suggest an appointment with your plastic surgeon and also a pain specialist. I would look for someone who has experience in this type of problem

Eric Weiss MD

Orange Park Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your uncomfortable stomach tightness. In most cases a patient's stomach wall stretches with time and patients get accustomed to the overall improvement in abdominal firmness.  I would see your surgeon for an in-person evaluation to discuss what took place during surgery as well as what other possibilities may be causing these issues for you.  Best wishes.