Interested in a lift & possibly reduction? Lost a good amount of weight & I'm just wondering if I could size down? (Photos)

Is it possible to size down with a lift?

Breast lift/reduction

After significant weight loss many women want to have their breasts lifted and reduced at the same time. In fact breast reduction and lift are at times very similar and definitely go hand in hand. I would recommend a consultation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon to determine the best procedure for you.

Reducing Breast Size and Lifting

Congratulations on your weight loss. Droopy breasts are, unfortunately, one of the things that usually company this. Reducing the size of the breasts, even "sizing down a little," is a breast reduction which always includes a lift. All you have to do is decide exactly what size you wish to be and communicate it to a plastic surgeon.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. Based on your description and photos, you seem to be a good candidate for a breast lift. Whether or not you desire a smaller breast, which would require a reduction, is simply a matter of personal choice. You seem to be quite proportional at this time so reducing your breast size might result in a smaller than proportional volume. There are certainly many short scar techniques that would do quite well for you. I would certainly discuss these questions with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in these matters. Please feel free to view the attached video which describes the distinction between breast lift and reduction surgeries. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

IDEAL Breast Lift Candidate

Either a Breast Lift or a Breast Reduction would result in perky, fuller breasts. The Findley Short Scar technique produces the longest lasting results and those so through s keyhole incision. In my opinion, s breast reduction may render your breasts smaller than you may want them. I would suggest you consider a short scar Breast Lift by an experienced ABPS Board Certified Plastic surgeon. Dr. Peter A AldeaMemphis, TN

Breast Lift and/or Reduction?

Based on your pictures, you appear to be a good candidate for a breast lift.  Even if you do not take any breast tissue out ( a breast reduction), the breasts always appear smaller when you have lifted them and tightened up the breast envelope.  It is always possible to remove breast tissue at the same time as well, if need be, since those surgeries go hand in hand.  You are welcome to come in for a consultation and see what will work best for you to help reach your goals.  We are in the Northwest suburbs, halfway between O'Hare and Elgin.   I hope this helps.

Breast lift/small reduction

Hi There,of course you can. a lollipop lift will bring you a half-cup size down, but a small amount of tissue can be removed too, so to bring you  down more.you need to discuss this with a BC plastic surgeon with experience in cosmetic breast surgery.sincerely,F. Mussat

Florence Mussat, MD

Interested in a lift & possibly reduction? Lost a good amount of weight & I'm just wondering if I could size down?

Based on your pictures, a lift would give a nice result. A small reduction may be included but the lift alone may be enough. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Breast lift and breast reduction

thank you for your question and your photos. You can certainly have a breast lift with reduction of breast tissue to achieve perky and smaller breasts as you desire. It's best to have a thorough consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area   To discuss all your options. Best of luck!Dr. Dhaval PatelDouble board-certified plastic surgeonHoffman estates, South Barrington, Oak Brook, Chicago

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast lift

A breast lift tightens your breast skin in order to lift your breasts.  A breast reduction involves removing breast tissue in addition to tightening your breast skin.  That being said looking at your photos lifting your breasts alone without a reduction will probably make your breasts look smaller since they will be more lifted and less drooping.  Either way you should be able to achieve a "down size" it just depends on how much of a "down size" you want.  Best of luck.

Peter Hyans, MD
Summit Plastic Surgeon