Do you perform breast augmentation on 70 year old women?

I have had a non malignant nodule removed and lost some of the dhape, would like it to look better plus fuller. I am getting married this year, after losing my first husband.

Thank you for your question. Age is not a contraindicated for surgery. As long as you are healthy surgery can be done. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

#age65-74 #breastaugmentation

Best wishes to you. The answer is if you are medically healthy enough for surgery, absolutely! Visit a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your expectations. PS- you are not alone. I have personally seen and operated on patients in your same situation.

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation on a 70 year-old female

As the other surgeons said, your health is the most important part of the equation, not the number associated with it.  A healthy 70 year-old can certainly undergo breast augmentation with clearance from a Primary Care Physician.  I have done this operation on ladies beyond your age who are in good health.  Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Too old for breast augmentation?

First of all, congratulations on your upcoming wedding!  Secondly, age is only a number!  As long as you are an otherwise healthy woman, you are absolutely still a candidate for breast augmentation.  Seek out a board certified surgeon for a consultation and best of luck!

Older age for breast augmentation

The oldest patient I have done for cosmetic breast augmentation is 74. She was healthy, did not have much droop, and was a competitive dancer.I see a lot of women in their 50s for breast augmentation. With the newer cohesive gel shaped implants the results look very age appropriate and natural, which is what many of them want.As long as you are in good health, age is not an issue for breast augmentation. The only difference is an EKG is usually done for women over age 60 and if needed medical clearance.A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will answer all your questions.

Breast Augmentation in a 70 Year Old Woman

Yes, it is possible to do a breast augmentation in a 70 year old female.  What's important isn't the actual age, but the overall health of the patient.  I recommend consulting with a plastic surgeon who will evaluate your ability to get through surgery safely.  Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!
Dr. Michael Epstein
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Breast augmentation

The answer is yes!  You can be a good candidate if you are healthy!  And also - if the surgery is to correct a shape or size problem created by having a nodule removed, it may fall into the reconstruction category rather than the augmentation category.  The difference is that it may be covered by insurance.  Insurance is also required (by law) to cover any alterations needed to the other breast needed to make them symmetric. Find someone if your area that is a board certified plastic surgeon who does both cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery and speak to them about it!  As long as you are healthy you will likely do just fine.

M. Renee Jespersen, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Does my age preclude me from breast augmentation?

Congratulations on getting remarried.  Your physiologic not numeric age is more influential on whether or not you would be a candidate for breast augmentation surgery.  Your Plastic Surgeon will assess this during your consultation.  Best wishes

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation at 70

Congrats on the up coming wedding.  Your age is not a contraindication for the surgery but your overall general health, the size and shape of your breast but also the condition of your skin.  As we age the collagen and elastic fibers start to break down and depending on the results of an examination, an implant alone may not be the only procedure recommended.  Breast Lifts help to perk up the breast when if has fallen too far.  Also if the removal of the lump for the breast has cause a significant divot, an implant alone does not always correct the problem.  Some re-arrange of the breast tissue or the addition of fat to the area may be needed.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to have your questions answer and received the options available to meet your goals. Be sure to give yourself enough time to recover prior to the wedding.

Is 70 too old to have a breast augmentation?

Thank you for your question.  The biggest limiting factor is one's health.  Age alone cannot dictate whether a person is a healthy candidate or not.  In my practice if a patient is healthy and active they may be a good candidate depending upon the procedure and risks(my oldest patient for augmentation had a similar story to yours, having a significant deformity after a lumpectomy and was satisfied with bilateral augmentation using different sizes of implants-age 78).  In your case you may benefit from an evaluation by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in breast surgery.  They would review your medical history and perform an examination and then discuss your options. Always seek a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon