Will this cause unevenness? (Photo)

I had zeltiq cool sculpting yesterday (yay!). I noticed as the bruising set in that a spot was missed on my upper abs? Will this result in uneven fat loss? Can I have another treatment this week in the middle of my upper abs to even it out. I'm planning on a second round in 6 weeks, but I don't want to deal with a weird bulge emerging in few weeks. I'd rather deal with that now than endure the stress of it in a few weeks.

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
It takes time to see final results

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting and unevenness

Coolsculpting is a great procedure and many patients are swollen or bruised for a few days after the abdomen has been treated.  You can not gauge the results now immediately after the procedure.  Six weeks is the perfect time to repeat the procedure.  If you are concerned with the areas treated I would return to your treating physician for examination.

Coolsculpting

Hello, and thank you for this question. It is not uncommon following the procedure to have irregular areas of swelling and edema and occasionally some bruising. I do not believe this should be a long-term problem although I would not recommend additional treatments at this time. Certainly, you may consider some treatments in approximately 6-8 weeks. Best of luck with your recovery.

John J. O'Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Will this cause unevenness?

Thank you for your question. It appears as though you have a typical post treatment result from CoolSculpting. It is difficult to provide an answer not having seen the treatment planned and applied. Speak to your practitioner to discuss your treatment.

Sincerely yours,  

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Unevenness

Bruising after Coolsculpting does not mean that you will have an uneven treatment.  I would wait 2 months to see what everything looks like.  If you have any irregularities, it just means that you  should treat the under-treated, surrounding areas.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Will there be unevenness after CoolSculpting on abdomen?

From the picture you provided, I am assuming that you had two of the smaller applicators used to treat your upper abdomen.  It is possible that the area could be treated using one large applicator instead.  The physician treating you will decided which method is best.  At this point, I would wait the 6 weeks to see how your abdomen looks.  Since you are going to have a second round, perhaps using the large applicator could be done on that treatment.  You should discuss this option with the physician treating you.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculping Irregularity

I suggest waiting to see the final results.  Often in these cases there are gaps and more treatments are needed to even everything out.  I suggest going to a body contouring expert who will treat your entire abdomen to contour, not just localized areas unless that is exactly what you are looking for.  Best, Dr. Emer.