I had a septoplasty and turbinate reduction 10 days ago: weak and lightheaded.

I had a septoplasty and turbinate reduction 10 days ago. I have been very light headed and extremely weak with consistent facial pain and headaches. So much so that I have had difficulty getting back to work. Is this normal? And if so, when can I expect it to go away?

#Se

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Weak and light-headed following nasal surgery

Hello - Septoplasty and turbinate reduction is a very routine surgical procedure and usually has a recovery of 3-5 days.  If you had endonasal packing that can affect how you feel.  I think the biggest concern though is bleeding.  If you have had persistent bleeding since the surgery that can certainly cause the side effects you mention.  In addition, the effects of anesthesiology can affect your energy level, but this usually wears off within a few days.  I think you should have a follow-up with your surgeon or primary care doctor as soon as possible.  Good luck.

Septoplasty and Turbinate Concerns

Dear slbaynes, This is not normal post operative recovery and you should see your surgeon for a follow up examination and possible lab work for a diagnosis.  Most patients feel fine within 24 to 48 hours. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Post op septoplasty

What you are going through is not the usual course after a septoplasty.  You may feel that way perhaps due to the general anesthesia.  But after 10 days, it should have subsided.  i recommend that you see your surgeon and discuss your concerns.  

Sunny Park, MD, MPH
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon