is the fraxel laser the only and best option if someone had a surgical scar to remove a small birthmark on the face?

And they did not use mederma? i live here in el salvador and finally found a doctor that has the fraxel laser and they told me that the best thing to do was to my entire face because if only a small part where the tiny scar is located then it would leave a whitish mark there. all i want is not for the tiny scar to be removed but instead the sunburn ON the scar! is fraxel my best and only option available to me? what other options do i have other than the fraxel laser? im all ears....... rsvp. thanks.

Scar on Face -- Lasers, Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Dermaflage/ScarMD, skin lightening

there are many lasers that works for scars such as co2 , erbium, and other non ablative fractional lasers. I suggest you see an expert for a formal evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Scar treatment with Fraxel

The good think about Fraxel is that you can spot treat an area without lines of demarcation. If the face is not bothering you, you can get by with just treating the scar. I think the 1550 is good for scars but now prefer Infini for this. Other laser which might be better are fractional CO2 or Erbium. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD