Do I have tuberous breasts? (photos)

I'm going in for a consultation tomorrow and just want to have a basic idea of what I'm working with. I've read about girls being tons they have tuberous breasts when they actually don't so I'm concerned. If I do, I can walk into my consultation prepared to talk about that. Thank you.

Tuberous breast

Thank you for your question and photos.  From the photos I believe you have tuberous breast, more so on the right than left.  Typically for women with tuberous breast like yours, I will do an around the nipple areolar incision to reduce the size of the areola and to shrink down the herniation of the areola in addition to placing an implant.  I also lower the fold (or underwire area) of the breast to create more distance from the bottom of the breast to the nipple. This gives a very natural looking breast and resolves most of the issues associated with tuberous breast.Best Wishes!!

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breasts

Hello,You do have tuberous breasts with a tight inframammary fold, minimal inframammary tissue, and herniated areolae.  Issues to discuss include the use of a shaped, form stable implant of modest proportions, circumareolar reduction, and internal tissue division for maximum skin expansion.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Tuberous breasts

Thank you for your question! From the photos you provided I would agree that you do show typical characteristics of tuberous breasts. Tuberous breasts are also known as constricted breasts and are generally classified into three categories; minor constriction, consisting of noticeable differences in the size and shape of the breasts; moderate constriction, consisting of a more significant lack of breast tissue as well as differences in size and shape of breast; and severe constriction, consisting of major deficiency of breast tissue and severe abnormalities of the shape and size of the breast. I suggest seeking the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your wishes and desired outcome of the shape and size of the breast you are looking to achieve. Good luck! 

Brian S. Glatt, MD, FACS
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Do I have tuberous breasts?

Thank you for your question and photographs. Tuberous breasts exist along a spectrum of severity and are hallmarked by a few key appearances: an elevated and tight breast crease, which causes the breasts to be narrow. and because the breast tissue in a tuberous breast pushes into the areola, you will see the areola be enlarged and "puffy".  In order to truly diagnose tuberous breasts, you would need an in-person examination by a board certified plastic surgeon, but based on your pictures you look to have a moderate case.   

Do I have tuberous breasts?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, you appear to have some herniation of the areola and  a constricted base, consistent with tuberous breasts.  There is a spectrum of severity with this condition.  Surgical correction usually involves a mastopexy with placement of implants.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Do I have tuberous breasts?

Yes, you do have the appearance of Tuberous Breasts. The surgical correction is a bit more complicated than a simple augmentation so be sure you are seeing an experienced surgeon. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Tuberous Breasts

Hello,Thank you for the question and photos. yes, your breasts do demonstrate some tuberous characteristics such as herniated areolas and constriction at the base. You also have some asymmetry which could potentially be addressed using two different implant sizes. I recommend that you seek a Plastic Surgeon who is board certified and specializes in this area.All the best

Tuberous breasts

It is a bit difficult to tell based on the pictures you have posted. In the one set of pictures on the profile view it would seem as though you may have a mild tuberous breast deformity. At your consultation, your surgeon should be able to discuss this with you after examining you. You should also bring up your concerns to him or her early in the consultation. Best wishes,Dr. Ravi Somayazula 

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Your photos suggest you do have a tuberous breast shape.  I would suggest choosing a surgeon with experience dealing with this type of breast augmentation.   Make sure to look at before and after photos of their cases.

John Burns, MD

Do I have tuberous breasts?

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture you do have tuberous breasts and asymmetry in your breasts. Good luck with your consultation.