Need a total mommy makeover? (Photos)

Hello, need your professional advice on what I can do.. planning on having my arms and boobs done first and then a thigh lift and tummy tuck later.. help?!!!

Mommy Makeover

Hello. While some may advocate doing all that you desire in one stage, I believe that your plan is perfectly appropriate. It does appear that you may be a candidate for an extended abdominoplasy. Please look for a ABPS  certified surgeon in your area who will analyze your areas of concern and make appropriate recommendations. Best of luck!

thank you for your question and your photo.

based on the photos i can tell you you are a good candidate for a breast augmentation, a tummy tuck and a arm lift to remove excessive skin.

best of luck.

Dr.Derby Sang Caputo

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Post-weight loss make-over

Thank you for asking about your body lifting.

• You definitely need the arm lift and almost certainly a lateral chest lift, breast lift and if desired,implants.
  • You almost certainly need a lower body lift (360 lift) when you have healed from that.
  • I doubt that a tummy tuck (the front portion of a body lift) will do enough for you.
  • A thigh lift - depending however on how long surgery takes - would usually be done separately.
  • Or your surgeon can arrange a team approach to do the surgery in fewer stages but it is likely to require a hospital stay afterwards.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Need a total mommy makeover?

Thank you for the question and congratulations on your successful weight loss! Generally speaking, these types of combination surgical procedures are done routinely.  However, you are wise in being concerned about the safety of combination surgery; risks/possible complications do increase with increased length of surgery…In my opinion, you should avoid plastic surgeons who offer  to do all the procedures are considering in one session.

It is best to evaluate each patient's suitability for combination surgery on an individualized basis. During this consultation process, after a complete history and physical, the SAFETY of combining these surgical procedures becomes of paramount importance. Plastic surgeon, anesthesia provider, duration of surgery, surgery facility all important considerations. 

Again, my best advice: choose your plastic surgeon very carefully; everything else including good judgment/advice/planning, anesthesia provider and safe surgery facility will follow.

Body makeover

Thank you for sharing your case. Seems like you lost a significant amount of weight and now your are ready to get the excess skin removed. As you well stated you are a good candidate for arm lift (brachioplasty), bilateral breast lift and augmentation, circumferential body lift and perhaps buttock and thigh lift. While the norm would be to staged these procedures I have performed all this in one session through a team approach keeping the entire surgey within the 6 hours And within safe limits. You should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon whith vast  experience  in these kind of procedures who can show you before and after photos and has the appropriate credentials.  Best to you. 

Mommy makeover question

Thank you for the photo and question. Based on this, you would be a good candidate for:

brachioplasty ( arm lift )

breast augmentation

tummy tuck

I would agree to do this in stages. It's too much to do safely at one time. Your photos suggest you are a weight loss patient. Make sure you are healthy, with protein supplementation before having any surgery. I would do this with: breast and arms together, then tummy, then thighs ( if needed) . Thighs have the worse recovery and takes the longest to heal typically

Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Makeover Ideas

In this case I agree with your plan to address areas you mentioned, but not necessarily in that order.  

In my practice we do a LOT of body contouring.  While I understand that you want a tummy tuck and thigh lift, it doesn't work out well when they are done together.  I would strongly encourage you to get the tummy tuck done a few months before the thigh lift.  Otherwise, there are simply too many moving parts and it is very difficult to get a good result.  The scar ends up wonky, the wounds don't heal well, and you get a suboptimal thigh lift.

Good Luck!

Thomas P. Sterry, MD

Are you a candidate for a MM?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another.  See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

Let your surgeon decide with you about if it is safe or not for you to undergo surgery. 

Candidate for a Mommy Makeover

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.
In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity. 

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.