Total body makeover after pending desired weight loss. (Photo)

I am 47 years old and currently 276 lbs. Actively losing weight and know it will take some time. My question is this: What would you doctors recommend when I am ready to do procedures. I would like a total body makeover. I am thinking of mommy makeover, liposuction, to include posterior axilliary lipo and arms. I would also consider a BBL. Would all those procedures be able to be done at the same time? Also, would the scar from tummy tuck be hip to hip? How about recovery time?

Candidate for a MM

Pregnancy and motherhood are wonderful and exciting times in a woman’s life. Many women, however, will experience unwanted permanent physical changes that are not always desirable. All too often, women find it emotionally and physically difficult to adjust to these new changes in their bodies affecting their self-esteem and personal self-image. These changes vary greatly and range from stretch marks and varicose veins to the more significant changes such as, smaller and sagging breasts, enlarged waist with redundant skin and larger hips.
Fortunately, there are many treatments available to correct or improve these common post-pregnancy changes. Many of these procedures are non-surgical or relatively simple outpatient surgeries. Some treatments are possible because of new technology such as lasers and liposuction developed in just the last few years. These surgeries are commonly known as the “mommy makeover”.

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!
I have also attached a video for a possible Mommy Makeover Candidate.

Mommy Makeover Procedures

The mommy makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BeastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair. The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, #breastreduction. It will be a great option to have whatever procedures completed at the same time, but the best bet will be to determine the best procedures when you are in a surgeon's office for a consultation. Then, you will be able to better decide which ones will help you achieve your desired results. Best of luck to you.

Body Transformation

You are a long way from being ready for these in a safe and appropriate manner. This questions can be better answered then. The list of surgeries you want to be done at once are not likely to be appropriate.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Healthy weight

If you can get your weight as low as possible the risks of healing from a tummy tuck will go down significantly. You would need to be down to a healthy weight and BMI before having a cosmetic procedure to insure a safe outcome. Also, being at a stable weight is key to ensure you don't gain weight back after surgery. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Fancisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Dr Derby

You might think about a liposuction and Tummy Tuck and breast lift with or without implants. It is wise to visit a surgeon while you are in the process of your weight loss to see what he recommends. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Total body makeover after pending desired weight loss.

Thank you for your question and photo.  I would recommend starting with a face to face consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience in body contouring surgery. During your visit your surgeon should be evaluating your health to determine if you are a good surgical candidate and examining your tissues to get a sense of what type of procedure your tissues will allow. Only with a hands on exam can this be determined. During the consult you and the surgeon should be understanding of the goals and realistic outcomes of your choices. Depending upon how many areas of treatment are desired one can affect the recovery and safety of the procedures.  Sometimes it is in the best interests to have multiple stages or procedures over time.  Once an exam and opinion is rendered then you can decide if surgery is right for you. Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

Mommy makeovers combine multiple procedures including liposuction, tummy tuck, breast augmentation, breast lift, breast reduction, as well as facial rejuvenation. Most often, women choose a mommy makeover to address lost breast volume, sagging or drooping breasts, excess skin around the midsection, and extra baby weight that cannot be reduce with diet or exercise. The best candidates have realistic and attainable goals. From your question and pictures I think you should see where you are when you reach your goal weight and then have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals and in what order you should consider them.  

Weight loss and body makeover

Thank you for your question and congratulation on your weight loss. 
You want to have a stable weight prior to considering body makeover surgery. The weight is recommended to be stable for about 6 months prior to performing a body contouring surgery. I think the options you have in mind are appropriate. For a more complete answer an evaluation is necessary. Recovery time will vary depending on what procedures are done. Best to you. 

Total body makeover after pending desired weight loss

Thank you for your question and photos.  Congratulations on your weight loss.  It is hard to make a specific surgical recommendation for you until you have lost all the weight and are at a stable weight. It is not unusual for patents who have had extensive weight loss to have loose skin and this is where a tummy tuck can provide a very nice result by removing the excess skin. It is very often combined with liposuction for better contouring. I typically would do the BBL at a later date if at all.  It is hard to tell at this time if this procedure would be necessary as your entire body contour is going to change as you continue to lose weight.  Depending on how much weight you lose, it would be advisable to see a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in plastic surgery after extensive weight loss for best results. These doctors are often affiliated with bariatric weight loss centers. Best of luck to you. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Total Body Makeover

First of all I want to say congratulations on your weight loss! That's a tremendous feat and something to be very proud of. For my patients that are going to undergo body contouring surgery after extreme weight loss, I recommend to wait one year after they have finished losing weight and it has stabilized. For your question about the surgeries that would need to take place. It would be best to consult with your doctor for your individual case to determine the best course of action. Typically with multiple areas needing to be done I break the surgeries up into these groups:

• Tummy tuck and inner thigh lift
  • Tummy tuck and outer thigh lift
  • Belt Lipectomy (tummy tuck and buttock lift)
  • Breast surgery and Arm lifts
  • Tummy tuck and breast surgery
I hope that helps and again, congratulations!

Jayesh Panchal, MD
Edmond Plastic Surgeon