Will silicone injections or other fillers ever be safe and legal for buttock area?

I would think plastic surgery would have more options and better results for buttock areas by now. Rather having to get implants that don't give the right results or fat transfer that simply dies easily.

Silicone injections are not safe

Regards, 

Liquid silicone is unsafe, please do not use it ever. The autoimmune response could be triggered by this substance, if you look around on th Internet, you will find patients that have a lot of problems with this product. The use for lips and other areas is off label. The inical use is for retine problems.       

That could migrate at the inicial injection suddenly, via retrograde arterial flow, at blood stream, that is a catastrofic event. If dont, it could migrate to aroud tissuses. So in any case it is incredibly dangerous. The only fillers that you can use is hyaluronic acid, but it will be extremely expensive for buttocks, it is only recommended for the face and it should be certificate.

Please remember to be aware, do not let any permanenrt filler to be injected into your face, breast, buttocks, calfs, genitalia, etc. The safest way to increase buttocks is through your own fat injections or through silicone implants.

I hope the information was usefull, have a nice day! Dr Carlos Alberto Ríos.

Colombia Plastic Surgeon

Silicone injections in the buttocks

Silicone can cause longterm problems with the soft tissue of the buttocks. Avoid it as a filler. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Silicone Injections

Injection of silicone solution in the face, breast and buttocks are unsafe and hazardous, and was never approved by the plastic surgery communities.  You have two options - fat injections, or buttock implants.  Fat injection is a very effective option.  We perform liposuction on the other parts of body, such as abdomen, thigh, etc, and inject the collected fat back to the buttocks.  But some patients have problems of having enough fat in the other parts of the body, since only patient's own fat can be used.  In those instances, I would recommend buttock implants.

Dr Alex Kim

Alex Kim, MD

Buttock Size and Options

Silicone is unsafe and cannot be purchased at large quantities anymore for this area.  Fat and implants are the only options and are at least safe options. I suggest only going to an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.