Will silicone injections or other fillers ever be safe and legal for buttock area?

I would think plastic surgery would have more options and better results for buttock areas by now. Rather having to get implants that don't give the right results or fat transfer that simply dies easily.

Silicone injections in the buttocks

Silicone can cause longterm problems with the soft tissue of the buttocks. Avoid it as a filler. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Silicone Injections

Injection of silicone solution in the face, breast and buttocks are unsafe and hazardous, and was never approved by the plastic surgery communities.  You have two options - fat injections, or buttock implants.  Fat injection is a very effective option.  We perform liposuction on the other parts of body, such as abdomen, thigh, etc, and inject the collected fat back to the buttocks.  But some patients have problems of having enough fat in the other parts of the body, since only patient's own fat can be used.  In those instances, I would recommend buttock implants.

Dr Alex Kim

Alex Kim, MD

Buttock Size and Options

Silicone is unsafe and cannot be purchased at large quantities anymore for this area.  Fat and implants are the only options and are at least safe options. I suggest only going to an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.