Is it safe to have a tummy tuck after a cold?

I am a healthy but this weeks I'm not feeling 100%. I started with a sore throat days ago, now a have runny nose, no temperature.. My tummy tuck is in 4 days and let say I woke up feeling better everyday, Is it safe to have a tummy tuck after a cold?

Inform your surgeon

Inform your surgeon about your condition so they can make the call as to whether you should proceed with surgery. Generally speaking, if you’re over your cold, then it would be okay to have your surgery but only your surgeon should make this decision. Take care of yourself!

Tummy Tuck After a Cold

It is possible that you will be able to have your surgery, but your surgeon needs to make that determination, be sure to notify him or her right away. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Yes, assuming you are feeling better every day It is likely that you will be able to proceed.  The key will be that there is no involvement of your lungs (productive cough etc.).  Get plenty of rest and let your plastic surgeon know of your situation.  Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

You must always make your surgeon aware of changes in your health.   Your surgeon will need to make the decision about whether the operation is appropriate at this time.

Tummy Tuck with a cold

You should notify your surgeon for a full evaluation and decision. In the meantime take lots of fluids and rest.