How soon can I return to work after a BA?

Hi how soon sheet ba surgery can you go back to work if you work in an office? I only experienced serious discomfort the first night after the surgery, today is post op day 3 and I am able to lift my arms and do stuff on my own there's only a little muscle discomfort whenever I get up or sit up

Breast Augmentation and Working

Hi and thank you for your question.

Your recovery period requires significant downtime, and while the necessary time off varies from patient to patient, you can expect to take off at least one week of work. Please note you may require longer time off if your occupation is physically demanding or requires heavy lifting.

Proper healing relies on adequate time off from strenuous daily activities. Most surgeons will provide work release forms to give to your employer if needed.

I would speak to your surgeon over the phone or in person and see what he/she recommends.

Hope this helps.

Nick Slenkovich MD, FACS

Return to work

This question is better directed to your own surgeon who knows you and who has followed your recovery. 

It sounds like you are doing well. Much depends on the nature of your work.  Most of my patients who do non-physical work are back in 3 to 5 days. A ditch digger will be out for six weeks.

All the best. 

Return to Work after Breast Augmentation

You should be able to return to work, light duty, a week after a breast augmentation. You should be able to resume all activities by 6 weeks. These are my recommendations to my patients, but you should have full access to your plastic surgeon for these questions.

How soon can I get back to work after Breast Augmentation?

When you should return to work after Breast Augmentation Surgery will depend upon the type of work you do. We ask all patients to stay home and rest the first week after surgery. If your job doesn’t require strenuous physical activity, then you should be able to go back after 7 days. However, if your job does require lifting, pushing and pulling, we recommend limiting these activities for 4-6 weeks after surgery. Of course, the best doctor to discuss the recommendations that are best for you is your surgeon.

Returning to work after BA

Since your job is sedentary, a week off should be just fine. Check with your surgeon though. Good luck.

Returning to work after breast surgery depends on what kind of work you do...

but as Dr. Gottlieb said, best to check and clear with your surgeon.  When my patients ask, they are told of my routine 3 weeks but that they can choose themselves to return sooner, knowing what restrictions I have in terms of activities and most do fine.

Curtis Wong, MD

Going Back to Work

The surgeon who performed your surgery really should answer that question.  He or she would be able to advise you.  However it sounds like or recovery is going smoothly.  I bet he or she would release you to return to work in the next couple of days.

All the best to you

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Patients can return to office work as soon as they feel comfortable.

Most patients with breast augmentation can return to an office type occupation after a long weekend, 3 to 4 days.

Return to Work After Breast Augmentation

This question is best directed to your surgeon as only he/she knows the details of your situation.  With that said, I find that, on average, patients that work in an office setting are back at work at day 5 postop.  Of course, some patients will be back in a day or so and some later.  To me, as long as someone can drive safely off of pain medications and does not do anything strenuous that would significantly raise their blood pressure and increase the risk of bleeding then office work should not be a problem.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Depends

Many surgeons have different answers when it comes to return to work.  For my patients that work at a desk primarily, I usually tell them that they can be back to work in 3-7 days on a limited basis if they are off of pain medications for at least 24 hours.

Tito Vasquez, MD, FACS
Southport Plastic Surgeon