Thank you for your responses on previous pics. I'm on part 2 of my surgery. (photos)

I just had a tummy tuck, and breast augmentation/ implants . The arms were suppose to be done too but I was in surgery almost 6 hours since they removed about 5 lbs. off my tummy..and ended only doing tummy and breasts. A little disappointed but I'm recuperating well. My next question is , how soon can I do my arms? I'm scheduled for a thigh lift and butt lift in December but wanted my arms done ASAP ..Here are some pics. From before and after. Thank you for you professional advice!

Time Between Different Cosmetic Procedures

The time between having electoral #cosmetic surgery procedures depends on the surgery. Its best to consult with the surgeon or specialist you recently had the major surgery with to gain perspective as to when cosmetic surgery can be scheduled. 

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.    
All surgical procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation. The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation.

Staging surgeries

It is best to wait for all of the areas to have healed well for at least 6 weeks. This means, no open incisions, no drainage, no fluid collections, normal blood counts.

Sheldon Lincenberg, MD

How soon can I have my arm surgery.

Thank you for your question. Your question really depends on how soon you fully recover from your recent surgery which was extensive. Your arm surgery should be performed after you have healed completely from your tummy tuck, breast aug and mastopexy. So if all goes well you could have your arms done by late October.  My only advice to you would be, do not have your arm lift and thigh lift during the same surgery because this particular combination of procedures  will make it difficult for you to take care of yourself in the immediate postoperative period. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Setting recovery intervals between procedures

Thanks for a great question, this is something that is of interest to many patients, particularly massive weight loss patients. I would recommend waiting at least 3 months between surgeries, this will allow time for:

• your risk of DVT (blood clot in the leg) to return to baseline
  • your blood counts to recover
  • healing and resolution of edema in the operated area which is beneficial if you are considering any minor revisions to your abdomen or breasts

Owen Reid, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon