Does private insurance cover for the removal of capsular contracture implants?

I got my silicon implants 10 years ago it's time to change them for a bigger size my right breast it's a little bit hard my ginecologist said its capsular contracture one more reason to change them how much the cost will be to remove and to put a new silicon set? No lift

It's difficult to say whether the insurance company will cover the capsule removal. It's best to check with them directly, however I think that it's unlikely that they will pay any portion of the surgery.

Insurance questions are best addressed with your insurance company. Most likely- it will not be covered. I recommend you consult with your Operating Surgeon and review your options.

Implant replacement & insurance coverage

Insurance companies might cover the removal of the implant but not the capsulectomy nor the replacement. The cost of the procedure will vary on the type of implant chosen and the geographic area you live. At my office  could be somewhere between 5-8 K. Hope this helps. Best to you!

No and depends

It's unlikely your insurance will cover your procedure. The cost will, obviously, vary and I'd recommend you get several quotes as well as opinions about the best way to treat your capsule.

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon