Did the plastic surgeon botch my fillers ? (photos)

I did not notice that my lips were lopsided and I figured that this was due to the swelling but as the swelling has subsided I found out that he had injected the entire syringe into my lips which I find worying cause I had hoped there would be some leftover product for him to fix any mistakes if they occurred. I am worried and should the plastic surgeon take care of this without charging me an additional syringe ? first three photos are right after the injection and the last was 5hrs later

Lip Fillers and Swelling

It is too soon to evaluate your lips since they are just swollen from your procedure.  It would be best to wait two weeks to see the full effects.  Best, Dr. Green

Swelling

Hi 163707s

Thank you for your question and photos.  Swelling and bruising is normal with filler, especially the lips.  We tell all our patients to wait 2 full weeks for everything to settle.  Using 1 full syringe is common with lips, some people take more than 1 syringe.  I advise you give it 2 weeks.  If you are not happy by that time then consult with your injector.  Best regards

Lip filler and swelling

Give yourself some times so that the swelling resolves. swelling with these types of fillers can take over a week to subside. If you still feel concerned, make an appointment  with your plastic surgeon and ask for recommendations.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Lip Swelling After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

lips swell and take 2-3 weeks to even out.  if you are unhappy after, pleaser reverse the fillers and try another.  cannulas limit complications.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip injections

I understand your concerns.  The lips have a very good blood supply and swell quickly when injected with filler.  Some initial asymmetry can occur for a few days after injections due to the swelling ad bruising if any occurred.  I would give it at least a week before being concerned about asymmetry.  Massage of the lips with your fingers starting at the center and gently milking your lips to the sides can also help smooth out the filler that was injected and help resolve any dents, bumps or other irregularities.  However, if after 1-2 weeks you are not happy I would return to see the injecting physician to discuss options for how to correct this.  The question of whether or not you will be charged is physician specific and should be discussed with your treating physician.  

I sincerely hope as time passes the results of your treatment improve,

Cody Koch

Cody A. Koch, MD, PhD
Des Moines Facial Plastic Surgeon