Love the way my new breast look but should I have gone for a smaller size! People are making me sooo insecure about my size

A lot have people have been telling me that they are to big for my body.I'm 5'1 and 135. The sizers were perfect (550cc) but now after the surgery their a lot bigger then I expected. People are making me insecure of the size. I just keep saying that they are swollen & they have to settle & they will go down.. But is it true? I love the way they look, but should I have gone with a smaller size?? Please look at my review and tell me your honest professional opinion!!

Breast result

Thanks for your inquiry and I am glad to hear you are so pleased with your result. In the end, your own opinion of the result is all that matters.  Good Luck.  

Your size and your great result

Thank you for your question.It's very obvious by the way you began your question, that you are very happy.  Please don't let anyone rain on your parade!  When I first sit down with a patient, I do my best  to get a feel for who the procedure is for.  It may seem obvious that it's for the person speaking in the consult, but it becomes clear if the patient is only going through with the procedure due to a husband or other family member pressuring them. This could be true after surgery as well.  You made the decision to  have your procedure done for you and it's wonderful you are so pleased.  Don't listen to other people's comments- have confidence in your new look!  Best of luck in your recovery.

Fred Hackney, MD

It was your call then and it is your call now.

You should only listen to your own voice and no body else's. If you feel that you are too large then you are. If you are uncomfortable with your size get them downsized. However listen to your own voice only.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Concern

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent surgery. The most important statement you made is that YOU love the way your breasts look. It will take several months for the swelling to subside and the implants will feel softer. Focus on your happiness, not the comments of others!

Breast augmentation

Stop worrying about what other people think. You get surgery because YOU want to love the way YOU look. They don't get to comment on your breast size any more than you get to comment on their size. And stop asking them what they think. 

Tracy E. McCall, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

No

No you should have not gone smaller. Reason... You said "I love the way they look" period. It doesn't matter what other think or feel. I looked at your review... the pictures are still very early. You will soften and they will settle I think will be a great result and size. I would not regret anything based on other people thoughts.

Should I have gone for a smaller size?

If you could post pics and how far out you are from surgery, you may find the answers to your question more helpful.  Having said that, based on your height and weight, the implants you chose are probably larger than I would have recommended, but in all honesty, all that really matters is whether you are happy or not.  You said that you "love the way they look".  That's fantastic and all that is important.  You did this surgery for you and as long as you are happy, don't let anyone else let you feel self-conscious.  Best of luck with your continued recovery!

Jeffrey A. Sweat, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Recovery is a process

You seem to be experiencing the typical recovery concerns of many patients.  It will take at least six months for your new body image to settle in and you will experience a bit of an emotional rollercoaster especially in the first few weeks after surgery.  Hang in there and please keep us updated on your progress.