Leg lift/ thigh lift? How long will it take? (Photo)

Hello, I had the gastric sleeve surgery a little over a year ago and lost 100 lbs. and just had a tummy tuck 8 weeks ago and my arm lift earlier this week. I have a few questions.. what surgery do you recommend for my lower body? How long will it take and can it be done in 1 phase or 2? And how soon can I have it as I am recovering quite well from the arm lift? Your advice is truly appreciated!

Thighplasty

I recommend a 3 month wait between surgeries for massive weigh loss. This really helps with the healing. It takes time to build up your blood protein again after each surgery. 

You have some excess fat on the hip area--saddlebags. I would start by liposuctioning that area. After healing from that, I would proceed with the thighplasty, you would need the vertical incision due to the excess skin circumferentially. 

The thigh lift is a complex procedure. It is also a tough recovery. It hurts when you sit, when you walk, and when you just lie there. The groin is moist and a more dirty area. The incisions are prone to breakdown. Be sure you optimize yourself and do this operation right.

Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Post massive weight loss body contouring

Hello and thank you for your question . Congratulations on your weight loss and tummy tuck and arm lift.

What you need now is decompression liposuction of your thighs a modified lower body lift as you alteady had the tummy tuck and an extended thigh lift. You will need 2 stages to get this done. You can get it all done in one surgery although your results might not be as good.

Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Leglift/thighlift? How long will it take.

Well done! It is advised to wait 3 months between stages but as the brachioplasty was done a week ago and the abdominoplasty 2 months ago, 6 weeks would be a reasonable time frame to perform your thigh lift and medial thighplasty. The scar along the inner thigh will extend below the knee in your case and upper inner thigh and knee liposuction would be indicated along with excision. Good luck!

Ken Dolynchuk, MD
Manitoba Plastic Surgeon

Lower body lift and thigh lift

Hello and thank you for your question.  Congratulations on your weight loss. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a lower body lift and a thigh lift.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD