What can someone do improve their thighs? (Photo)

Is there some kind of procedure or exercise one can do to firm up wobbly thighs? Is this possible? I'm 46, so my skin is not like it used to be, but I'm willing to try what will work, if there is such a thing. The inner thighs are what bother me, plus there is a little cellulite on the outer and bottom of thighs. Are there creams, massages, or treatments available?

Cellulaze for Laser Cellulite Reduction

There are three structural causes of cellulite: fibrous sepate, buldging pockets of fat and natural thinning of the skin that occurs with aging. To address your cellulite, a treatment called Cellulaze laser cellulite reduction will diminish the appearance of the cellulite dimpling, in addition will give you a gentle skin tightening effect to the area. Cellulaze is the latest advancement in laser technology offering a light-based solution for the treatment of cellulite. The heat of the Cellulaze  laser melts the fat and stimulates growth of new collagen which will help with the laxity. For your "wobbly" thighs nothing can replace exercise! Building muscle in that area is key to having a firmer appearance. A combination of the Cellulaze treatment with a regular exercise routine focused on strength training should give you the improvement you are looking for.

Best Options?

For treating #cellulite, my office typically recommends one of three treatment plans: #Cellfina, #VelaShape III, #ThremiSmooth.

#Cellfina is the newest technology and probably most effective. It is a minimally invasive one-time procedure under local anesthetic that removes the fibrous bands under the skin that cause fat to bulge through creating the appearance of cellulite. The results are fairly #permanent.

#VelaShape and #ThermiSmooth are #non-invasive #bodyshaping products that can help reduce the appearance of your cellulite over the course of multiple sessions.

Book an in-person consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to determine which treatment plan is right for you.

Best of luck.

Seeking to improve thighs

Investigate Cellfina, probably the most effective treatment for cellulite on the market today. Cellfina uses a fine reciprocating needle to release the fibrous bands of cellulite using local anesthesia only. Patient satisfaction rates are well in excess of 90% three years following treatment.

There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Thank you for your question

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze and RF Technologies

Thank you for your question. Cellulaze is a revolutionary procedure that treats the appearance of cellulite while also addressing skin laxity. This minimally invasive procedure can be performed with minimal downtime. The laser used in the Cellulaze not only cuts the fibrous bands that cause the appearance of skin dimpling, it also stimulates collagen improving skin texture and tightness. This procedure can also be performed in conjunction with another technology (such as topical radiofrequency) to achieve optimal results.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Skin Tightening and Cellulite Treatments for Your Thighs

Thanks for your question and for including your photos. You need to make a consultation with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to learn the various treatment options that are available to you— which today include the non-invasive radiofrequency (RF) skin-tightening devices. Skin tightening and cellulite reduction can be performed safely and effectively with a variety to devices. These would include the Venus Legacy, the EndyMed 3Deep, the Syneron VelaShape and the BTL Exilis, among others. These need a series of treatments and then some maintenance program which can give and maintain significant results.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon